Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vote for your favorite board - vBulletin Board of the Year - 2005!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I voted for vbulletinclub.com

nice style

Comment

vbulletinclub.com

Comment

Note: The votes are audited and any votes from members that have not been registered at least 30 days will not be counted. Just an FYI.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          Note: The votes are audited and any votes from members that have not been registered at least 30 days will not be counted. Just an FYI.
          Thanks for clearing that up Steve.
          Admins Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators

Comment

another vote for www.juicyduff.com, not quite my thing but I'm very impressed at the community, style and activity. I've been a member for a while now and my 8 year old forces me to take an active interest. It's a good site.

I have my own vBulletin ranking tool so I wanted to add all these sites to it however I require RSS to be turned on and I was surprised that so many don't take advantage of the technology that's inbuilt to vB.

And as for vbulletin-style. They have: Members: 7,425, Active Members: 125. Why the huge difference? Don't people want to hang about?
            Can't comment on vbulletinclub.com as I'm woefully mono-lingual.

Sarah
            Last edited by sarahk; Wed 1 Mar '06, 12:07am.
            Simple SEO

Comment

I suppose congratulations, sooner or later people will stop bothering entering if its simply down to this kind of voting..

Comment

Originally posted by GamerzWorld
                I suppose congratulations, sooner or later people will stop bothering entering if its simply down to this kind of voting..
                I definitely think they should be looking at where the votes are coming from on some of these.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnScott32
                  I definitely think they should be looking at where the votes are coming from on some of these.
                  The votes are coming from their members who own vbulletin licenses. That site is an unofficial support site for Arabic vbulletin owners.
                  If you would take the time to read a little at vbulletin club with the help of a translator you would understand why their users are coming here to vote for the site they think is the best.
                  It is no different than when vbulletin.org or one of Floris vbulletin fan sites win. The users of the sites own licenses and support the site by voting for them.

Comment

Originally posted by AWS
                    The votes are coming from their members who own vbulletin licenses. That site is an unofficial support site for Arabic vbulletin owners.
                    If you would take the time to read a little at vbulletin club with the help of a translator you would understand why their users are coming here to vote for the site they think is the best.
                    It is no different than when vbulletin.org or one of Floris vbulletin fan sites win. The users of the sites own licenses and support the site by voting for them.
                    That gives a gross advantage to vBulletin-centered forums. I'm guessing that a vBulletin centered community with 100 members could kick the snot out of any forum I put forth, even though I have forums with a total of over 30,000 members, but the discussion of those forums does not deal with vB.

I do not know how to rectify that, but it does seem wrong.

Comment

You're absolutely correct and larger more established comunitties have indeed been beaten by a startup vbulletin centered site. There are many good forums that make the poll every month and the contest is fair to all of them. The problem arises when one of these unofficial vbulletin fan sites or vbulletin centric sites get in the running. Then the winner is clearly known before the voting begins.

I don't think there is anything that can be done about it. Maybe the owners of these sites have to show more dicretion when it comes to nominating themselves.

Comment

It was a very tough decision as there's some fantastic boards up there but my vote finally went to www.gamerzplanet.net because it has alot of everything, a great skin, fantastic atmosphere, loads to see and do and good management.

Well done

Comment

www.dmfnet.nl ? or am i again to late
                          turn around, 180 times?

Comment

Originally posted by AWS
                            You're absolutely correct and larger more established comunitties have indeed been beaten by a startup vbulletin centered site. There are many good forums that make the poll every month and the contest is fair to all of them. The problem arises when one of these unofficial vbulletin fan sites or vbulletin centric sites get in the running. Then the winner is clearly known before the voting begins.

I don't think there is anything that can be done about it. Maybe the owners of these sites have to show more dicretion when it comes to nominating themselves.
                            Sad...because it means that well established, long term, excellent vb websites that deserve to win haven't a chance and will stop nominating themselves.
                            Fan Club member for VBulletin Dev and Support Team ;)

Hysterectomy - GirlsGetGoing.com - Fabulous Fifty

I'm frequently asked about the skin designer for my forums. ForumSkin.com

Comment

The outcomes of this contest seem to be a contradiction to the aims. It's an insult to other contestants who do things fairly and an even bigger insult to the wider vBulletin community when blatant cheating is awarded. Just how are we supposed to find the best boards when the contest is practically rigged from the start?

This thread is NOT full of contoversy because of vbulletin-club infringing the trademarks of vBulletin and Jaguar - I couldn't care less about that. Instead it's because the contest was running smoothly for a period of 1 month until suddenly in the space of a few days vbulletin-club went from 1 vote to 50+ votes!

Just how is it possible for a site which was losing to suddenly steal the number one spot and then have more votes than most of the contestants combined?!
                              Last edited by Oliver Szczypka; Thu 9 Mar '06, 8:54am.

Comment

As I said before, any votes from members that have not been registered for more than 30 days are not counted.

Having said that, I'm frankly so discourraged by the constant complaining these votes generate that I would be in favor of dropping the entire program. Some people always find new ways to ruin what was supposed to be something good.
                                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X