Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modifying the Quick Reply box

Hi everyone,

I hope this is the right place! I checked out the vB 3.5 forums above and they seemed more about vB as it is, rather than changing things... I searched here, vBulletin.org and Google but didn't find an answer.

I'd like to add in a small box/line of text above the Quick Reply box. Some users are getting a bit post-happy and are forgetting about the rules, so I'd like to add...

Please Note: (our forum) reserves the right to remove or edit posts where necessary. Please ensure your post complies with our guidelines for using the forum.
    ...or something to that effect.

I've looked at SHOWTHREAD and SHOWTHREAD_quickreply and can't see where I want to add this in. Ideally I'd like to put it in between the top of the box and the 'Message:'. I'd also like to do it right, so would I need to create a new phrase? I'm a bit of a newbie at this.

Many thanks for any ideas!

James

You don't have to use phrases if you don't want to.

In SHOWTHREAD, find:

Code:
    <tbody id="collapseobj_quickreply" style="$vbcollapse[collapseobj_quickreply]">
    <tr>
        <td class="panelsurround" align="center">
            <div class="panel">    
                <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" align="center">
                <tr>
                    <td class="smallfont" align="$stylevar[left]">$vbphrase[message]:</td>
                </tr>
    and at the end, add the red code.

Code:
    <tr>
            <div class="panel">    
                <tr>
                    <td class="smallfont" align="$stylevar[left]">$vbphrase[message]:</td>
                </tr>
    <tr>
       <td class="smallfont">Please Note: (our forum) reserves the right to remove or edit posts where necessary. Please ensure your post complies with our guidelines for using the forum.</td>
    </tr>
    I hope thats what you mean.

Comment

Hi jamesyfx,

That's perfect - cheers! I've had a play and moved it just above the message: line (see attachment).

The only thing is using the text it stretches the box surrounding the text box. I've used just one sentance and it's fine.

I may well look to make a smarter box when we redesign over Christmas, but this is perfect to remind people!

Thanks again
      Attached Files
      Last edited by James B; Sun 13th Nov '05, 5:41am.

Comment

If you want to dress it up in a legend box....

HTML Code:
        <tr>
          <div class="panel"> 
            <tr>
             <td>
              <fieldset class="fieldset">
               <legend>Posting Notice</legend>
                <div style="font-size:8pt; text-align:center;">Our forum reserves the right to remove or edit posts where necessary.<br /> Please ensure your post complies with our guidelines for using the forum.
                </div>
              </fieldset>
             </td>
            </tr>
        You can subsitute the div style above with div class="smallfont" if you don't want the centering or a larger font size.

There are ways to add it under the icon bar and under the textbox as well (as the photo shows).

Chris
        Attached Files
        "Anyone who conducts an argument by appealing to Authority
        is not using his intelligence, he is just using his memory."
        ~~~
        Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Hi Chris,

Thanks for that - looks good too. I'll have another play with the templates tonight and see what I can do.

Cheers!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X