Let me know what you think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let me know what you think

Just looking for some feedback thus far (still working).

www.nbawire.com/boards

it is a basketball forum right?
    well then I'd make the header with some players in

Comment

looks good GT1...

Comment

Layout needs a lot of work.

On a 1024x768 monitor when a person enters, they only see the navbar, a huge welcome message, Google ads, announcements, and just the first bar of the first forum. On first impression the visitor will get no idea if it's a NBA forum without s-c-r-o-l-l-i-n-g a long way.

Secondly, what is the sports theme? Except for a basketball what else shows it's a NBA forum?

Thirdly, set the "Last Post" column as fixed, as it makes going down a list checking new posts easier. It's variable size now, and it makes the eye travel more than is needed.

Start reclaiming more whitespace (the spacing between the above blocks is too wide), and incorporating the navbar, welcome message and announcements (use conditionals to show a message for visitors; stats for members in a navbar that taller than what you have now; announcements on the bottom <-- where it won't be overlooked, but still less high than a navbar and message and announcment blocks currently. Might get by with a 150px high navbar).

You only get one chance to make a good impression to a visitor. So show some "skin" (content), not wordy welcomes and ads first. It can be a serious traffic killer.

Chris
        "Anyone who conducts an argument by appealing to Authority
        is not using his intelligence, he is just using his memory."
        ~~~
        Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisLM2001
          Layout needs a lot of work.

On a 1024x768 monitor when a person enters, they only see the navbar, a huge welcome message, Google ads, announcements, and just the first bar of the first forum. On first impression the visitor will get no idea if it's a NBA forum without s-c-r-o-l-l-i-n-g a long way.

Secondly, what is the sports theme? Except for a basketball what else shows it's a NBA forum?

Thirdly, set the "Last Post" column as fixed, as it makes going down a list checking new posts easier. It's variable size now, and it makes the eye travel more than is needed.

Start reclaiming more whitespace (the spacing between the above blocks is too wide), and incorporating the navbar, welcome message and announcements (use conditionals to show a message for visitors; stats for members in a navbar that taller than what you have now; announcements on the bottom <-- where it won't be overlooked, but still less high than a navbar and message and announcment blocks currently. Might get by with a 150px high navbar).

You only get one chance to make a good impression to a visitor. So show some "skin" (content), not wordy welcomes and ads first. It can be a serious traffic killer.

Chris

Thanks a lot for the input Chris.

I am working on removing some of the bulk at the top of the page. Thanks for the heads up/info. I am thinking about adding a gallery to the top of the froums to display some pics, etc for my users to view when they arrive on the site.

When you signup.login all that welcome text goes away. It is only there for non-registered users. I am gonig to edit it as well to make it a little more friendly and welcoming.

As for the last post. Where is the code at to edit? What width would you suggest? Let me know.

Anything else you see? Like I said it is still a work in progress.

Comment

Originally posted by GT1
            Just looking for some feedback thus far (still working).

www.nbawire.com/boards
            Hmm...

hey Good to see my 'Red deluxe' skin been using there, if you need any help in forum graphics post your request at my forums, glad to help you...

link in my sig

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X