Can't access forum categories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't access forum categories

Hi I have downloaded (bought) a template/style which works great with 3.5.0 RC3 version the only problem I'm getting is, it won't let me open the forum's categories.

I attached a file to show you what it looks like when I get the error. When I click ok then the page becomes "Page cannot be displayed"

===============================================
    I just clicked on the FORUM DISPLAY template version history I copied the the newest changes and replaced it so it's working now.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Annie^.^; Sun 25th Sep '05, 7:37am. Reason: SOLVED

The first thing I recommend is that you reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.

Next, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Then change to this style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I got this problem once when I was tinkering with my templates.

Unfortunately I totally forget what specifically caused it. I can't remember if it was on a forum listing page or on a showthread page, but if I was to guess, I think it was simply an error in template logic. Like a poorly constructed IF/ELSE path or poorly placed comment tags or unclosed quotes.

I would try what Steve mentioned (as he obviously knows more than me ... but then I'd ask the person who created your templates to look at it.

I find it wierd that you can get actual forums but not catagories ... I'm fairly sure they share mostly the same templates!?
      Support the option to have forums in social groups:
      http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=252093

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X