[Discussion] Plastik style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Discussion] Plastik style

I'm tweaking the style of my message board, implementing a design theme that's based on Plastik widgets in KDE (a Linux GUI desktop) and the Crystal SVG, Nuvola and Windows XP icon sets. The theme is intended for both vBulletin and PhotoPost.

The implementation is only partial now, but here's a few examples of button images to give you an idea.

Have a look - http://www.cyburbia.org/forums/showthread.php?t=13954. When it's complete, would you be interested if I shared it with the vBulletin community?
    Last edited by cyburbia; Sun 19th Jun '05, 11:23am.
    Cyburbia Forums - a third place for urban planners
    http://www.cyburbia.org/forums

I'd be especially interested in the button set.

I've previously used the Cnome 1.0 button set that you posted at vBTemplates and the only thing that let it down was the lack of a .psd file.

If a .psd file could possibly be included this time around, that would be fantastic!

Comment

Be sure to credit Everaldo if you are using his icons (they look like them) He often grants use to them providing you give him credit.
      Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

Originally posted by Dean C
        Be sure to credit Everaldo if you are using his icons (they look like them) He often grants use to them providing you give him credit.
        Most definitely. I couldn't think of the name, but for the most part they are Elverado's icons. I would give credit to the creator of the KDE Platik widget set, too, but I can't find any related information. There's a few exceptions; I made the little a-with-the-cursor for the "Edit" button.

I'm saving all the PSDs, too.
        Last edited by cyburbia; Sun 19th Jun '05, 8:19pm.

Comment

/buttons is more or less complete. I won't be releasing the entire set (with PSDs, of course) until all the vB 3.* graphics are in the set, though.

Here's a few more.

- closed thread

- IP

- quick reply

- print

- subscribe to thread

- add poll to thread

- e-mail page

The one thing I'm unhappy with is Photoshop's poor text antialiasing; there's no way to create type at small sizes that's as crisp as with the MS Cleartype or Apple Quartz engines.
          Last edited by cyburbia; Wed 22nd Jun '05, 6:08am.

Comment

Wow Awsome set so far can't wait to see the completed version!

Comment

great set... keep up the good work
              Unlike most, I don't think I'm always right, if I'm wrong, CORRECT me.... providing you have some evidence

Comment

Very good stuff indeed, very nice button set!

Comment

Nice buttons, keep up the good work.
                  KeyHunt - Vbulletin-Fans - vB Styles - vBdirectory vBCore
                  Valuable Links

Comment

Any updates to this? I would love to get my hands on the complete set if I could. The buttons are very clean and modern I love the style.
                    www.northernanimation.com www.dakota-poker.com

Comment

I'm anxiously awaiting this too..

My initial upgrade to 3.5.0 is pretty much reliant on them.

Comment

Wow! I like the buttons! Have you released a complete set?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X