No announcement yet.

Xmas Style by DeanClatworthy.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to bug you again Dean, but my guild changed names, so could you make it "Optical Infernal" ?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Incendium
      Sorry to bug you again Dean, but my guild changed names, so could you make it "Optical Infernal" ?

Thanks in advance.
      Here you go

@All : I won't be making a fluid version of this style. The idea with the header is that the snow is spontaneous and has no linear pattern to it. Making it fluid with a repeated pattern will ruin the look IMO. Sorry to dissapoint you guys
      Attached Files
      Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

Am I allowed to modify this and make it more Xbox-ish?

Comment

Originally posted by Dean C
          Here you go

@All : I won't be making a fluid version of this style. The idea with the header is that the snow is spontaneous and has no linear pattern to it. Making it fluid with a repeated pattern will ruin the look IMO. Sorry to dissapoint you guys
          Would it be OK if I gave you a hand with this? I'm somewhat skiiled in Photoshopping (I do it professionally) and might be able to help you out. Let me know if this is an option.
          Last edited by CuriousGeorge; Wed 24 Nov '04, 7:18pm. Reason: spelling

Comment

Thanks Dean ^_^ Very wonderful, my users love it.

Comment

Dean,

I have implemented this style at my site, http://www.christianchapel.net/forums/index.php

I would like to modify this style to a fluidwidth, but will not do so unless I have your permission.

Thanks,
              Dan

Comment

I've made two minor changes in my implementation of this theme.

First off, I made it a fluid width. I modified the images & rebuilt the header table to do so. IMHO, I think it looks quite nice.

Second, I was getting constant complaints from members that the Christmas style made their computers run exceptionally slow, so I busted out my ol P3 500MHz to check for myself, and yes, the response time of the site was noticeably slower than the original vB theme. It seemed to cause IE to hang up when scrolling. So I did some tinkering and found that by removing the background image (pagebg.gif) site performance improved significantly. Not sure why that is, but I replaced it with a solid dark green color. This is something you might keep in mind if your users have slower computers.

Thanks,
                Dan

Comment

I find it highly unlikely that a 700 X 1px image would cause a signifcant decrease in performance to your site.

Comment

Great looking style - is there any way you could convert the header to SgtGeek.com? If so, I'll fire it up asap for the holidays!

T.I.A.!

http://www.sgtgeek.com/forum/index.php

Comment

Hi its great I had it running a few days I was wondering can you create
                      me an image just changing the text on the one supplied with the product
                      to "" and leave the 'Wishing you a merry christmas and a happy new
                      year' underneath...

Thanks
                      Last edited by rh2004; Thu 9 Dec '04, 6:10pm.

Comment

Originally posted by RoboGoat

Great looking style - is there any way you could convert the header to SgtGeek.com? If so, I'll fire it up asap for the holidays!

T.I.A.!

http://www.sgtgeek.com/forum/index.php

Here you go
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rh2004
                          Hi its great I had it running a few days I was wondering can you create
                          me an image just changing the text on the one supplied with the product
                          to Muzicmatters and leave the 'Wishing you a merry christmas and a happy new
                          year' underneath...

Thanks
                          As requested
                          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, Dean - very nice!

Comment

Hey Dean

Any chance you could do theMouthPiece.com with 'wishing everyone a safe and happy christmas' please...?

Thanks
                              John

Comment

Originally posted by TheMusicMan
                                Hey Dean

Any chance you could do theMouthPiece.com with 'wishing everyone a safe and happy christmas' please...?

Thanks
                                *Delivery for Cymru*
                                Attached Files

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X