Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is enough for me. However, I knew from the time I first post int his thread I would get this result. I wanted to drive a point home to my fellow vB users that your opinion should be taken lightly as you have as yet to outline your baseline criteria for judging a site and how your arrive at your percentage style ratings. I will post below my own rating of the most recent forum posted here in order to show you what a review should really look like.

My review of http://www.pratekompaniet.com/forum/...php?styleid=19

----------

First impression:

I found this site to be very pleasing to the eye.

Explanation:

The soft palette was definately a plus and makes the site more easily viewable in dark rooms, such as browsing at night when your spouse is sleeping. Dark colors tend to be harder to read in such conditions.

Content:

I do not read or write the language the skin is in so I cannot tell what the topic is, so I cannot comment on whether or not I would join based on content.

Templating:

I like the fact that the stock templates seem to be mainly intact, expect for the obvious changes required for your header, footer and sidebar. Familiarity is important when skinning a site as it makes new users who are already familiar with the vB system more likely to join since they know where everything is and what it does.

Features:

The sidebar is nicely laid out and doesn't contain an overwhelming amount of information, possibly unrelated to the site. Very few, simple hacks were used to enhance the site rather than several major changes. Small one shot features like those you've implemented are somtimes the most effective.

Detractions:

The main detraction I see is the rotating ad just above the footer. In my opinion, and that's all it is, is that the ad should be centered in regards to the entire footer, not just the forum part of your index. The other mindor thing is that your style doesn't scale well to lower resolutions. However, not many people still use an 800x600 resolution and so shouldn't be an overall problem for you.

----------

If you cannot review a site, as I have done, based on real, tangible explanatory comments that a developer can actually use to better thier site, you have no business offering your opinions.
    House of Night Forums - An online House of Night roleplaying community,

Comment

Ok, just one Question. Alkahf. Have you ever created a skin or something to that effect? If not i dont see you having any expertice in this field. I have created many skins for many clients and know what is involved and the intimate details of it. To do this you must be un biased and also consider the time and effort put into the design
      Rebel Designs Studios

Comment

Originally posted by rebelsrock06
        Ok, just one Question. Alkahf. Have you ever created a skin or something to that effect? If not i dont see you having any expertice in this field. I have created many skins for many clients and know what is involved and the intimate details of it. To do this you must be un biased and also consider the time and effort put into the design
        I don't like to talk about my self here, but I tell you:
        I have made about 400 styles for vBulletin 1.x, 2.x, and 3.x.
        Now I have tow vBulletin Clubs: Register with 1st club: 240$/year, and register with second club: 640$/year.
        All my members registered to take10 styles/year to them forums.

However Please who like to rate his forum's style he can write here, but if don't like, just forget my thread.
        It is very easy to forgot any thread.

Best regards

Note: that is my last style for vBulletinClub members:
        http://www.vbulletinclub.com/forumhome.png
        http://www.vbulletinclub.com/forumdisplay.png
        http://www.vbulletinclub.com/showthread.png
        http://www.vbulletinclub.com/showthread_legacy.png

alkahf
        الحمدُ للهِ الذي أنزلَ على عبدِهِ الكتابَ و لم يجعل لهُ عِوَجًا - سورة الكهف 1
        Winner - vB Board of the Month - March 2008
        Winner vB Board of Year 2005
        vbulletinclub.com

Comment

$240 / year???? Jeez...

[Forgetting thread exists as it is not worth my time.]

Comment

Originally posted by ambumann
            We're currently redesigning our logo and will try to display the forum stats in the white field.

http://www.pratekompaniet.com/forum/...php?styleid=19
            Hello ambumann
            I'll wait when you'll finish your logo and wihte filed.

Best regards

alkahf
            vbulletinclub.com

Comment

Originally posted by alkahf
              Register with 1st club: 240$/year, and register with second club: 640$/year.

That is outrageous. But if you have clients then more power to you. Just when you are giving a rating on others styles you should just come out and tell them it looks like ****, because maybe its just not your taste. Thats where being un biased comes in. And just FYI i dont personally like some of your styles i think that they look bad in some areas, but overall and to the effect and the design they are good. My Unbiased opinion is that they are good.

Serenarules: about your style, i can tell that you and your members have put great effort into making this style. I dont personally like the style as much as some but it is good, but its only because its not my taste, but i do like the layout and the design overall. You have obviously coded it well and i wish you luck with your forums.
              Rebel Designs Studios

Comment

Thank you rebelsrock06.
                When I opened this thread I said: put please your vB link, Then I'll try to rating it ..
                So every one will understand that is my idea, and may be it is right or wrong.
                I don't understand why some one if doesn't like my rating, and then he should be angered.
                You asked me my idea and I told you.
                Don't forget that I didn't go to your site and rating it, but you come and asked me in my thread.

All the best for all.
                Alkahf
                vbulletinclub.com

Comment

Sounds interesting.
                  http://www.cemzoo.com/foro
                  CemZoo Wiki - The complete anime encyclopedia
                  CemZoo Foros - Spanish Anime & Gaming Community (also browse our archive)

Comment

rebelsrock06 said:
                    Serenarules: about your style, i can tell that you and your members have put great effort into making this style. I dont personally like the style as much as some but it is good, but its only because its not my taste, but i do like the layout and the design overall. You have obviously coded it well and i wish you luck with your forums.
                    Thank you for your comments. It was honest and I can respect that. It is true I strayed from the 'norm' by foregoing the typical header, footer combo using more fluid images to contain the whole board, and opted for individual containers. That was by design as the members wanted to feel like they were in seperate rooms in a castle dungeon.

alkahf said:
                    I don't understand why some one if doesn't like my rating, and then he should be angered.
                    First, I'm not specifically angered, just dismayed that people are asking for your opinion. The REASON is simple. You rating system ihadn't been explained. For example, "Icons: 80%". What exactly does 80% represent? What is it in comparison too? What's the average? What's the baseline criteria for your comparisons? In addition your comments have been very vague and not really all that helpful to those who may wish to act on your review. Good site or bad, I find THAT the most harmful thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Serenarules
                      rebelsrock06 said:
                      For example, "Icons: 80%". What exactly does 80% represent?
                      Again I say:
                      When I opened this thread I said: put please your vB link, Then I'll try to rating it ..
                      The result will be like that :

100% for header
                      100% for footer
                      100% for icons
                      100% for colors
                      100% for all
                      ----------------------
                      Total ??

That is my rating.
                      I think now every thing understood.
                      So If U don't like that, just forgot this thread.
                      vbulletinclub.com

Comment

First of all no noe is angered. I have a hard time understanding your english so bare with me im sorry. Im not angry or anything. Im just saying. What if i told you your styles look bad. You wouldnt like it. Just play fair.
                        Rebel Designs Studios

Comment

Again I say:
                          The result will be like that :

100% for header
                          100% for footer
                          100% for icons
                          100% for colors
                          100% for all
                          ----------------------
                          Total ??

That is my rating.
                          I think now every thing understood.
                          So If U don't like that, just forgot this thread.
                          That still doesn't make any sense. What does a score of 100% represent? 100% of what? Based on what criteria? A better system, assuming you insist on percentages would be to define the scale. Something like this:

Icons Criteria:

Ratings for this category are based on deviation from the stock icons shipped with vBulletin where the baseline is the unmodified icon.

Icons Scale:

0% [modified but are unsuitable for all users - justify your rating]
                          25% [modified but are unsuitable for some users - justify your rating]
                          50% [stock unodified icons]
                          75% [modified with minor changes (font, colors etc) - justify your rating]
                          100% [modified with major changes (size, shape, etc) - justify your rating]

Only you'd define your range and criteria for each thing you perform a review on. Now do you understand why simply stating a percentage has no meaning unless you qualify that with conditons like the above?

Comment

CemZoo foros de discusiĆ³n

Originally posted by kentaurus
                            Sounds interesting.
                            http://www.cemzoo.com/foro
                            Hello kentaurus
                            Sorry I can't rate your style.
                            I think you need to change every thing.
                            Header, footer, color, and icon's color.

Good luck kentaurus.

alkahf
                            vbulletinclub.com

Comment

Hello kentaurus
                              Sorry I can't rate your style.
                              I think you need to change every thing.
                              Header, footer, color, and icon's color.

Good luck kentaurus.

alkahf
                              why cant you just rate it as is. This is a rate a style thread not a rate the styles you like thread
                              Rebel Designs Studios

Comment

Originally posted by rebelsrock06
                                No, that style has been fixed, its the one loacted at www.forums.4databaseconsulting.com/?styleid=2 that has the problems

Could you rate the style tho?
                                Hello rebelsrock06
                                Here I like to rate only vBulletin forum styles.
                                But now this link: www.forums.4databaseconsulting.com/?styleid=2 takes me to home page: http://www.4databaseconsulting.com
                                And I said it is nice design and I like to do like that.

Good luck.
                                Alkahf
                                Last edited by alkahf; Tue 2nd Nov '04, 7:06am.
                                vbulletinclub.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X