Editing Styles for Dummies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing Styles for Dummies

I'm about the venture into the world of styles for the first time, and I'm scared out of my pants.

I'm going to start with Zachery's "Evil" style. There are a few things I'd like to change. My main question is a general one. After I upload all the images, and apply the .xml style page, how do I make changes to the style? Do I just change the .xml file and re-import it?

Since I'm babbling, I might as well ask about the first change I'd like to make, which is the page's background color to white. Is it correct of my to guess that I change this:

HTML Code:
    <template name="body" templatetype="css" date="1094680347" username="Zachery" version=""><![CDATA[a:7:{s:10:"background";s:7:"#191919";s:5:"color";s:7:"#FFFFFF"; (truncated)
    And that #191919 is the page background color, and #FFFFFF is the color of any text that would appear over the background?

Thanks.

Never edit the xml, your doing too much work

AdminCP > Styles & Templates > Style Manager > Main CSS (from the drop down)

Here you can edit all the values accross the board. If you need a new logo (because your changing the background color) let me know

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
      AdminCP > Styles & Templates > Style Manager > Main CSS (from the drop down)
      Thanks for your help. I do this after I upload/import the style, right?

Comment

Yes

Comment

Oh man, this is great stuff. A lot easier than I thought it would be. Thanks for your help. I'll post the results to the appropriate thread.

Comment

Zachery, im so greatful fore al your tips and hint. You are great.

Comment

Be grateful for the devs for creating just a .xml file for the complete style, and a powerful and easy to use style manager to have unlimited styles for your site!

matter of uploading and you are done!

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
                Be grateful for the devs for creating just a .xml file for the complete style, and a powerful and easy to use style manager to have unlimited styles for your site!

matter of uploading and you are done!
                Very True, IPB and PHPBB are extremely annoying to style because eveything isnt in one place

once again i must say VB ROX
                Rebel Designs Studios

Comment

Working...
                X