Black Flag v1.1 Style - Transparent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Flag v1.1 Style - Transparent

Not completed yet. Looking for feedback. Lots of DHTML transparency filters.

http://MyGanjaGrow.com/forums/index.php?styleid=3
    Attached Files

I hope the server info is still not the same now

I am trying to view the style but neither browser i have want to seem to locate and download your site :/

Comment

Ok, after about 5 min on broadband i was able to see your forums, your background image ALONE is 92k, your CSS is inline and will never be cached, making your page 52k in stright text

This doesnt include your small logo.. which is 216k!

All and all 360 some k on each pageload is ALOT of bandwith to go though. Not to mention my browser lags it self to death trying to scroll.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
        I hope the server info is still not the same now

I am trying to view the style but neither browser i have want to seem to locate and download your site :/
        Server info? I don't understand.

How 'bout this link (v1.0 not transparent)?

http://myganjagrow.com/forums/index.php?styleid=1
        Last edited by x3n0; Sat 14th Aug '04, 12:22pm.

Comment

http://MyGanjaGrow.com
          Gamma 3.0.0 Fresh Install
          RH Linux 9.0
          PHP 4.2.2
          MySQL 3.23.54

php 4.2.2 was buggy as hell, and mysql 4 would be much better

That was the same style but i changed to the other one which seemed atad bit faster.

Comment

http://MyGanjaGrow.com
            Gamma 3.0.0 Fresh Install
            RH Linux 9.0
            PHP 4.2.2
            MySQL 3.23.54

php 4.2.2 was buggy as hell, and mysql 4 would be much better

That was the same style but i changed to the other one which seemed atad bit faster.
            I have yet to optimize the images for size. How does one cache the style sheets?

As far as the server info - I'm running Aurora Linux on a Sparc 64 server nowadays, probably a one-of-a-kind vB server. PHP v4.3.7 and MySQL v3.23.58 were the newest sources compatible with my kernal compilation.

Comment

I would update to MySQL 4.0.20 for query caching ;D

You need to Chmod a folder (/clientscript/vb_css/) and enable a setting (AdminCP > vBulletin Options > Style & Language Settings > Store CSS as Files )

Comment

I would update to MySQL 4.0.20 for query caching ;D

You need to Chmod a folder (/clientscript/vb_css/) and enable a setting (AdminCP > vBulletin Options > Style & Language Settings > Store CSS as Files )

Thanks for your help Zachery!

I made the changes you pointed out. Reduced the image sizes and saved the stylesheets as files. Hope it works better now. Please let me know.

I'll look into compiling a new version of MySQL for my OS.

Comment

Yep your site is incredibly slow buddy
                  Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

Originally posted by Dean C
                    Yep your site is incredibly slow buddy
                    Maybe when you're high, it seems fast?
                    vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

Originally posted by conqsoft
                      Maybe when you're high, it seems fast?
                      I'm aware of the bandwidth issue. It should be resolved soon.

Now what about the style?

Comment

as others said, your site is hella slow

about the style-i dont think the red leafs go with the rest of it. instead of red i'd go with a different shade of green, maybe a lighter shade.

Comment

Wow, it took almost 30 seconds to load that page. I've got an 2.3mbit line. Maybe you should try to reduce the size of all those pictures. And when I try to scroll, my browser lags thaaaaaaat much... Anyways, I'd like it, if it weren't that slow.

Comment

You must have a Pentium or AMD 2 GHz CPU or faster for that website!

I have a 1.4 GHz and it uses 100% CPU for 1/2 second just to highlight links!

Comment

Originally posted by feldon23
                              You must have a Pentium or AMD 2 GHz CPU or faster for that website!

I have a 1.4 GHz and it uses 100% CPU for 1/2 second just to highlight links!
                              I'm working on optimizing it as much as possible. I wouldn't suggest using DHTML filters if the user doesn't have fast video.

Comment

Working...
                              X