Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long is a reasonable period of time to wait for paid skin?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long is a reasonable period of time to wait for paid skin?

Just curious. If you have paid for a custom skin, how long is a "reasonable period of time" to wait for its completion? Weeks? Couple months? Several months?

Well good things don't just happen overnight besides what anyone else says. It takes time and planning to make a good custom skin. I've seen it take anything from 2 weeks to a couple of months
    Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

What about 4+ months after initial graphic design?

Comment

That's a bit too long. You should have a custom skin in less than a month.

Comment

Originally posted by Apokalupsis
          What about 4+ months after initial graphic design?
          Well what do you have to show for it? Have you seen the design?
          Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

It was basically all finished in the first month. I was annoyed waiting 10 days for an email response (his first email had spam problems and was intially the only way of contact :/). So then it began time to concentrate on uni exams, Apok, I will give you a refund for the uncompleted work.
            Australia's Design Community

Comment

Very well, a refund would be nice. It is not my intent to engage in a debate about business practices or history here, but please do not excuse it away as a "10 day email response delay", that was certainly not the case.

Also, it was never "basically finished the first month". An incomplete dev-skin was given to me a little more than two weeks ago.

But again, this, IMO, is not the place...and it was not my intention to 'bring you out' (see pm on your own site), but only to inquire as to how long is a reasonable wait for a professional, custom skin (I've never ordered one before) as I wasn't sure what my next step should be here (or if I was being unreasonable in my demands for attention).
              Last edited by Apokalupsis; Sun 1st Aug '04, 6:03pm.

Comment

Yeah you conducted yourself in a nice manner. Cheers.
                Australia's Design Community

Comment

KyK0 had my design done in just under 2 weeks or less if I remember correctly. Great guy to deal with.

I would say anywhere from a few weeks to 2 months. Creativity has to come from somewhere.

Best of luck.

Comment

Since the two parties are now in contact with each, it's best to close this thread now.
                    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X