Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sross
    replied
    "Hi Sross, I think you have greater problems than just skin installation / removal. Perhaps some corrupt tables? Have you run a check / repair? A vB tech can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think installing or uninstalling an XML skin file could do this. Especially considering that this is probably the simplest skin out there; most of the templates are stripped down to almost nothing."

Hi, I tried a repair and optimize and no luck. I really have no idea what has caused it. I know for certain all I did was:

upload the template as a 'new template'
    then went to the forum style id of the new template to look at it.
    I then went to my gallery page and it was white
    I then went back to the forum and it seemed ok, went to my forum search page and it was stripped down as if it were the mobile design
    I then deleted the design, my forum search page went back to normal, I went to the gallery page and now it's all hosed for some reason. http://www.apug.org/gallery

Leave a comment:

• vBMechanic
    replied
    Hi Sross, I think you have greater problems than just skin installation / removal. Perhaps some corrupt tables? Have you run a check / repair? A vB tech can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think installing or uninstalling an XML skin file could do this. Especially considering that this is probably the simplest skin out there; most of the templates are stripped down to almost nothing.

>>I think building some autodetection into this is the best solution. Automatically redirect PDAs to that style...

I posted the code for that somewhere else; let me find it.... I put this in global.php but I believe it can go in the php_include template as well. No, now that I think about it, it might be too late in that template.. I put it in global right below:

PHP Code:
    else
      {

// no style specified - use default

$styleid $vboptions['styleid'];
      } 
    ADD:

PHP Code:
      // BROWSER DETECT

$browsers = array(

"Windows CE",

"WebTV",

"AvantGo",

"Blazer",

"PalmOS",

"lynx",

"Go.Web",

"Elaine",

"ProxiNet",

"ChaiFarer",

"Digital Paths",

"UP.Browser",

"Mazingo",

"Mobile",

"T68",

"Syncalot",

"NetFront",

"Danger",

"Symbian",

"Nokia",

"Xiino",

"AU-MIC",

"EPOC",

"BlackBerry",

"Wireless",

"Handheld"

);

if(
    preg_match('/('.implode('|'$browsers).')/i'$_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'], $match))
      {

$mobile=1;
      }
      else if (isset(
    $_SERVER['HTTP_UA_OS']))
      {
          if (
    strstr($_SERVER['HTTP_UA_OS'],"POCKET PC") !== false)
          {

$mobile=1;
          }
      }
      else
      {

$mobile=0;
      }

if (
    $mobile==1)
      {

//echo "You are on a mobile device!";

$styleid='8';
      } 
    Change the styleid='8' to whatever your PDA style is.

Leave a comment:

• sross
    replied
    any idea why this happened to my gallery after trying to add the style and remove the style? now my photopost gallery is screwed up
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Pugzly
    replied
    I think building some autodetection into this is the best solution. Automatically redirect PDAs to that style...

Leave a comment:

• sross
    replied
    sorry for another post, this style has screwed up the style in my photopost integration! ugh! i have no idea how this could have happened, the style was added as a 'new style' stupified, will try to fix it

Leave a comment:

• sross
    replied
    whoa, also noticed after installing this style that some of my pages went screwy, so I rebooted, went back to my site and they were still screwey, for eample the search page was using the pda style!? So in a panic I deleted the pda style and things went back to normal, any idea? I didn't have the pda style set to default or anything like that either. thanks!

Leave a comment:

• sross
    replied
    Hi, I installed the style and if I use the url:

http://www.apug.org/forums/?styleid=5

it works, but only on the main forum page. How do I keep the style working on all pages? I don't want users to have to switch to the style at all, I just want them to click a "PDA" link that puts them in the PDA style from then on. Can anyone help? thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Transverse Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by edeab220
    I can't wait for that version! .

Thanks for releasing this! I'm webmaster at a PDA forum and they've all been asking for this, and it has finally been done .

http://www.palmforums.org/forums/index.php?styleid=17

How can I put my mobile-logo up there?
    Wow that looks excellent on a PDA.

Leave a comment:

• jamesfrost
    replied
    looks fantastic. Will be installing along with vb3.02 - pretty soon if the top right of this web page is anything to go by!

Leave a comment:

• edeab220
    replied
    Originally posted by vBMechanic
    It's pretty minimalist at the moment, but the other parts like the search and the rest of the user CP can be updated easily in a new version.
    I can't wait for that version! .

Thanks for releasing this! I'm webmaster at a PDA forum and they've all been asking for this, and it has finally been done .

http://www.palmforums.org/forums/index.php?styleid=17

How can I put my mobile-logo up there?

Leave a comment:

• Transverse Styles
    replied
    Good work, I was thinking about releasing one, but it's been done.

Just used it on my sidekick. Very nice.

Leave a comment:

• Pugzly
    replied
    In use @ http://www.efhs84.com/forum

Not sure how many wireless users I'll get, other than myself....

Leave a comment:

• vBMechanic
    replied
    It's pretty minimalist at the moment, but the other parts like the search and the rest of the user CP can be updated easily in a new version.

Leave a comment:

• MegaHertz
    replied
    I have been playing with this and the only downside I can see is the lack of any sort of navigation on the homepage.

I would like to add a few key links such as UserCP, New Posts, Search, and Log Out, but can't quite figure out where to put them in the new template.

Leave a comment:

• MegaHertz
    replied
    Thanks so much this is fantastic work!

Installed at Outpost Firewall Forums

P.S. - This also makes a very nice minimalist skin for dial-up users as well.
    Last edited by MegaHertz; Sun 27 Jun '04, 6:30pm. Reason: added P.S.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X