No announcement yet.

vButton3 CS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know this may be a little to ask, seens as youve v=created an excellent andhandy appliaction. However you would be helping just about every gfx designer who works with vb, when i say maybe the option to use an existing button psd and generate the text, such as faq , userco etc onto it

maybe thru entering some px co-ordinates to set your centers and then the text could be placed with those as its center

it would be huge leap and great piece of kit to have. The abiliity to generate a set of buttons in minutes as oppsed to keying in individual text on each button , if your creating your own custom set.

currently this is such a pain in the neck when creating vb styles for clients as the syle itself can be coded in a few days, but button sets are monotanues and lengthy work :S

Comment

Let me second that, that would be really nice.

(Iam downloading Openoffice right now, after that i'll try your software )
      That's the end of that!

Comment

Such as?

Originally posted by Experience
        I see, you can not make all Buttons Can you update vButton to edit all images ?

Comment

He might be referring to polls, attachments, etc...

Comment

I don't think you'll find the original PSD is included in the graphics kit for them.

Originally posted by MegaHertz
            He might be referring to polls, attachments, etc...

Comment

I can't create a script to control unknown layers in unknown PSD files.

Originally posted by colicab-d
              I know this may be a little to ask, seens as youve v=created an excellent andhandy appliaction. However you would be helping just about every gfx designer who works with vb, when i say maybe the option to use an existing button psd and generate the text, such as faq , userco etc onto it

maybe thru entering some px co-ordinates to set your centers and then the text could be placed with those as its center

it would be huge leap and great piece of kit to have. The abiliity to generate a set of buttons in minutes as oppsed to keying in individual text on each button , if your creating your own custom set.

currently this is such a pain in the neck when creating vb styles for clients as the syle itself can be coded in a few days, but button sets are monotanues and lengthy work :S

Comment

Delhaze,

Sorry to be a pain, but I have another question for you. How is the save feature supposed to function?

Either the save function does not work correctly or I have not figured out the proper way to use it. If I set up the program for a color scheme and push save I get a custom.vbf, so far so good, but if I try to rename that file to say red.vbf it won't recognize it. So basically I'm left being able to use only one custom file with the name custom.vbf, and so I have to rename files constantly in order to access my various schemes.

Comment

Thats right, the custom thing only works for one style currently, more useful for a change of language than colors.

I did leave lots of room for improvement for a vButton3Pro, but never got enough donations to make me start it.

Originally posted by MegaHertz
                  Delhaze,

Sorry to be a pain, but I have another question for you. How is the save feature supposed to function?

Either the save function does not work correctly or I have not figured out the proper way to use it. If I set up the program for a color scheme and push save I get a custom.vbf, so far so good, but if I try to rename that file to say red.vbf it won't recognize it. So basically I'm left being able to use only one custom file with the name custom.vbf, and so I have to rename files constantly in order to access my various schemes.

Comment

OK thanks I just wanted to make sure I was not doing something wrong.

Comment

i just ran it and pressed update fonts.
                      when ps CS opened the welcome dialog came up and i think both programs are frozen now as a result. just letting you know

Comment

13 Type Mismatch

I get a 13 Type Mismatch error.
                        It only makes some gradient files, and when it starts with the buttons, it errors.
                        Any ideas?

I saw from VbuttonPro the requirement for PS 7.0x Scripting plugin (or this error became apperant), but I am using PS CS, so that should not be needed, or?
                        Last edited by hawkin; Sun 25 Jul '04, 2:34am.

Comment

This error suggests you are not using the original or correct PSD files.

Comment

I have downloaded the vb3gfx_largelayered.zip file again, but there is no difference even with new replaced files.

It gets the gradients done (all gif's), but stops on the Large Text Buttons (newthread.gif). It opens the psd in photoshop, but never creates any gif file.

I am running Photoshop CS 8.0

Comment

Originally posted by hawkin
                              I have downloaded the vb3gfx_largelayered.zip file again, but there is no difference even with new replaced files.

It gets the gradients done (all gif's), but stops on the Large Text Buttons (newthread.gif). It opens the psd in photoshop, but never creates any gif file.

I am running Photoshop CS 8.0
                              i got the same problem
                              i just download the psd and i don't edit anything

Comment

Any solution to this?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X