Parent/Previous post # in header

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parent/Previous post # in header

How can I put the parent post's number/link in the postbit?

I want to have a (clickable) "Original Post: #XX" in the posts' headers, like all my old BBS programs did. So on reply posts you can click to (jump to or) pop-up the original.
    Last edited by Arkham; Tue 20th Apr '04, 6:41am.

Activate to display Re: in the thread title. You can do this in the vbulletin options section. You can modify the phrase Re: to be displayed as 'Original post:'.

Admin Control Panel > vBulletin Options > vBulletin Options > Message Posting and Editing Options > Automatically Quote Post / Thread Title : YES

Setting this to 'Yes' will automatically fill the title field of new posts with either the thread or the parent post title, prefixed by 'Re: '.

The user may specify their own title if they want to do so.

Phrases are modified through the Admin Control Panel > Languages & Phrases > Phrase Manager > and modify the phrase: reply_prefix

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
      Activate to display Re: in the thread title. You can do this in the vbulletin options section. You can modify the phrase Re: to be displayed as 'Original post:'.

Admin Control Panel > vBulletin Options > vBulletin Options > Message Posting and Editing Options > Automatically Quote Post / Thread Title : YES

Setting this to 'Yes' will automatically fill the title field of new posts with either the thread or the parent post title, prefixed by 'Re: '.

The user may specify their own title if they want to do so.

Phrases are modified through the Admin Control Panel > Languages & Phrases > Phrase Manager > and modify the phrase: reply_prefix
      Actually, I already have that activated (guess it's been a while since I worked on the board...). What I was asking for was a clickable Post # that would go to the original post, not the title text.

I want to have a link in the header for me to put "Read Original" or "Original Post #XX", and have that link jump to or pop up the original msg.

Thanks Floris.
      Last edited by Arkham; Tue 20th Apr '04, 6:39am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X