X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floris
    replied
    Originally posted by colicab-d
    We use a program that was developed to originally hide secret information (webpages in images) it uses a 128bit encryption and will hide just about any text based webpage in gif images.

Although its not very practical (only gifs) we use it to hide a copyright notice, containing author, date, client etc so that if we find a suspected pirate version of our work we just load the apps browser go to the site key in the password for the images and were then shown our copyright notice, thus easily proving that its a stolen/pirate version

and all im sayin is there is a cult a cult of dead cows
    I do something the same

Leave a comment:

• colicab-d
    replied
    We use a program that was developed to originally hide secret information (webpages in images) it uses a 128bit encryption and will hide just about any text based webpage in gif images.

Although its not very practical (only gifs) we use it to hide a copyright notice, containing author, date, client etc so that if we find a suspected pirate version of our work we just load the apps browser go to the site key in the password for the images and were then shown our copyright notice, thus easily proving that its a stolen/pirate version

and all im sayin is there is a cult a cult of dead cows

Leave a comment:

• Bizzy
    replied
    Thanks much for the info. All of what you mention are new to me, but I can search them out on the web to find info. Thanks again for the responses.

Leave a comment:

• Majik™
    replied
    Originally posted by Beth McCormack
    How do I get this DigiMarc? Is it a program that protects the images or some sort of hosting thing? Thanks very much for your input.
    It's not free, but you can find details about it at http://www.digimarc.com I use ImageBridge with MarcSpider.

Leave a comment:

• mOdEtWo
    replied
    Originally posted by Beth McCormack
    At least they won't be as simple as right click, save as. That's all I'm after.
    Remember, not everyone use IE, and far from everyone have JavaScript enabled (for security reasons). This means you can't disable rightclicking for these. And remember, the image is still downloaded to the client.

I dunno about this DigiMarc stuff, but be aware that people will always find a way to steal others work on the Internet, sadly. :-/

Leave a comment:

• Bizzy
    replied
    Originally posted by Majik™
    I'm a digital artist and graphic designer and I use DigiMarc for my to protect my images, both for online and offline (i.e. print) use.
    How do I get this DigiMarc? Is it a program that protects the images or some sort of hosting thing? Thanks very much for your input.

Leave a comment:

• Majik™
    replied
    I'm a digital artist and graphic designer and I use DigiMarc for my to protect my images, both for online and offline (i.e. print) use.

Leave a comment:

• Bizzy
    replied
    Originally posted by Zachery
    Disabling rightclick isnt going to do anything for someone who really wants it, in the short anwser is, if you dont want it stolen dont put it online O.o
    Very true, but disabling right click will be a deterrent if nothing else. At least they won't be as simple as right click, save as. That's all I'm after.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Disabling rightclick isnt going to do anything for someone who really wants it, in the short anwser is, if you dont want it stolen dont put it online O.o

Leave a comment:

• Bizzy
    started a topic Protecting artwork?

Protecting artwork?

Is there any way to protect it from being downloaded by people. A code that would prevent people from right clicking on the image would be nice. I've seen it done on eBay, but I'm totally not sure how to do this on my board.

Any info would be greatly apprecaited as I have some artwork that I paid good money for and want to protect it as best I can from being stolen.

TIA!
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X