Anybody Interested In A vB3 Button Set Remake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tungsten
    I've been working on it some today and it's a real pain in the butt to get rid of the aliasing that is inherent with the forum status icons that came with vB3 Final because of the hard angles used to construct the "bulletin board" backdrop.

I am going to change gears and do something completely different instead. No bulletin board for the backdrop; just clear, concise status icons for the forum home page.
    Hi Tungsten,

I hope you will still be 'supporting' the current status-images of yours. Because...they look fantastic! I am very very pleased with them. And I do not mind much that they have a 'white line' around them on my VB3 default style. Then again... if you could fix that in due time (like they show on VB.com) it would be great. I am not a photoshop-designer, so I have nu clue why it is that difficult to achieve the same 'white-line-free' look that the default status-icons on vb3.com have.

If it is that hard for someone like you, how does one expect from photoshop-newbies like myself to alter those default images? Puzzled...

Hopefully you will continue providing your current images. Keep up the very good work!
    How much do you love XenForo?

Comment

I'll provide the PSD file for those graphics tomorrow. I had meant to post it today before I left the office but got sidetracked with other stuff.

Comment

Thank you so much
        Greetz Alex
        Spasschat-Team - the best chat, you've ever seen :)

Comment

that would be really great! thank you

Comment

Well im in college at present maybe able to do a full button set this afternoon, these are inspired by ipb2 but they ok i guess, better thn what weve got (anything is) lol

anyways here my contribution
            Attached Files
            colicab-d
            Last edited by colicab-d; Thu 25 Mar '04, 3:44am.

Comment

Originally posted by colicab-d
              Well im in college at present maybe able to do a full button set this afternoon, these are inspired by ipb2 but they ok i guess, better thn what weve got (anything is) lol

anyways here my contribution
              They're good, but I think the text needs to stand out more.

Comment

I agree, the image looks nice, but the text looks to dull. What about this one..
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny
                  I agree, the image looks nice, but the text looks to dull. What about this one..
                  I prefer the font on the previous one. This last one looks too much like a 733t haX0R bitmap font. But, lots of buttons use those... It's a matter of taste. The text is more readable on yours though.

Comment

arkham theres a better version in colicabs vb3 therad

Comment

• Originally posted by DirectPixel
                      Butter? You mean margarine?
                      Any news on the set DP? Thanks

Comment

• Well, I guess here's something I can show you guys. If you guys like this, I can continue developing a seperate button set in this style, in addition to something else.
                        Attached Files
                        :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Skinny
                          That text looks good on it.

Originally posted by DirectPixel
                          Well, I guess here's something I can show you guys. If you guys like this, I can continue developing a seperate button set in this style, in addition to something else.
                          Those look nice I'd use em

Comment

Well, I guess here's something I can show you guys. If you guys like this, I can continue developing a seperate button set in this style, in addition to something else.
                            they are cool too mate but withh 3d icons would be well sexy

Comment

Good work, but I don't personally like the font. It's highly readable though.

Comment

It's your thread mate....and I'm still with you!!!

Great effort....keep them coming.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X