• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DirectPixel
    How's this?
    Very nice! (And very interested) vB should pay you for this

If you could make a whole set like that one, that would be great
    Last edited by dutchbb; Sun 21 Mar '04, 5:03am.

Comment

Here's a single button I made really quick. Comments and suggestions are welome, as always.

BTW: The thumbnail preview is horrible quality. Click the image for the full-size higher-quality preview.
      IMO that text doesn't work at all. The spacing's off, and the font just looks amateur. You've done better work in the past. Which font are you using?

Comment

Here's a single button I made really quick. Comments and suggestions are welome, as always.

BTW: The thumbnail preview is horrible quality. Click the image for the full-size higher-quality preview.
        I really like this one. It looks like it'll look nice colorized. If this will look good on any background, it will definatly be extremely useful to me. Thank you for making these!

Comment

Originally posted by Arkham
          IMO that text doesn't work at all. The spacing's off, and the font just looks amateur. You've done better work in the past. Which font are you using?
          The font's Tahoma. Tahoma looks amateur?

Are you looking at the button image itself, or just the thumbnail view? The thumbnail's rescaling distorts the button and messes with the spacing.

:)

Comment

The font's Tahoma. Tahoma looks amateur?

Are you looking at the button image itself, or just the thumbnail view? The thumbnail's rescaling distorts the button and messes with the spacing.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/attac...achmentid=9252
            No, I saw the full-size one. Tahoma's a decent font, but it doesn't look good in that button. Spacing could be tweaked, esp. between the "ST" and "LY".

At least you didn't use a haX0r bitmap font.

To me the new graphics aren't their weakest in their text buttons (except maybe for anti-aliasing, for some), but rather the multi-coloured smiles, the thumbs-up (which looks like a middle finger flip), and the Fisher Price images in the "What's Going On" box.

I do like the Quote and Edit iconography.

Comment

Oh, yes, of course. The kerning can be easily fixed. I did the whole button while I was eating my snack, so I didn't really pay that much attention to a 2px difference in text spacing. But it will be fixed.

Personally, I really like some of the buttons in the What's Going On box, namely the one with the 3D bar charts. However, I'm bugged by the buttons you see on showthread. The icons for the buttons are alright, but they need to be fine-tuned. They look too antique-ish right now.

Also, the buttons don't exactly fit with the smaller icons. Comparison below.

and and

Compared to:

and

It just doesn't look right. You've got some very nice and shiny buttons, and then you've got some sort of old-fashioned manuscript theme going on with the other buttons. =/

Comment

Let me just say "Good job!"

I'm quite impressed with your work so far. I'm looking forward to seeing the complete set, and would even consider paying for them.

I got a similar feeling about the different images. Some of them just don't work terribly well together. For instance, I think the envelope icons look good, but the button set doesn't. If you can give them all that more professional and similar look, it would be great .
                MTG Salvation.com | Forums

Comment

Good work!

However, I'm bugged by the buttons you see on showthread. The icons for the buttons are alright, but they need to be fine-tuned. They look too antique-ish right now.

It just doesn't look right. You've got some very nice and shiny buttons, and then you've got some sort of old-fashioned manuscript theme going on with the other buttons. =/
                  I TOTALLY agree with what you say. And... ALL of the buttons you've constructed so far look better then the VB3 default ones. Compliments to you!
                  How much do you love XenForo?

Comment

They look too antique-ish right now.
                    ...and then you've got some sort of old-fashioned manuscript theme going on with the other buttons. =/
                    LMAO. You guys are funny. The "Benjamin-Franklin" and old-fashioned button set. You mean the quill, right? The quill icon has been in user-interfaces forever. I think even GeOS had something like that.

Oh no! That email icon is --gasp-- and envelope! JK. But I think if anything it adds a bit of class. I agree that the images are a bit soft, but the quill can still look professional when done right. Sharper, more monochromatic. But it still beats the stubby pencil/pen that you see everywhere else.

I've been using quill icons in my design since 2000, but I eventually ditched them. Now, enter the vB Old-Fashioned Buttons! Great timing.

Comment

Originally posted by Grover
                      I TOTALLY agree with what you say.
                      Isn't that a quill on your homepage?

Comment

O yes please ^

Comment

Glad everybody likes the buttons. I'll be sure to have at least the buttons on showthread done by end of this week.

Comment

Keep up the good work!

Glad everybody likes the buttons. I'll be sure to have at least the buttons on showthread done by end of this week.
                            Great! Is there any chance that you can revamp ALL of the VB3 images (inclusing smilies) in due time? I guess it is a lot to ask for (Jelsoft should do it themselves IMHO : we pay for it....) but I am seriously considering to use your images when I bring my VB3 board live.
                            How much do you love XenForo?

Comment

Oh, yes, of course. The kerning can be easily fixed. I did the whole button while I was eating my snack, so I didn't really pay that much attention to a 2px difference in text spacing. But it will be fixed.

Personally, I really like some of the buttons in the What's Going On box, namely the one with the 3D bar charts. However, I'm bugged by the buttons you see on showthread. The icons for the buttons are alright, but they need to be fine-tuned. They look too antique-ish right now.

Also, the buttons don't exactly fit with the smaller icons. Comparison below.

and and

Compared to:

and

yup, I agree with you. This color doesn't match my style but if your button set looks good i'll be in touch for a custom set

Comment

Those buttons are awsome!
                                can you release a set or pack?
                                a zip file for example..
                                Let the flames begin.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X