Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

About the GDK - how to resize the effects in PS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About the GDK - how to resize the effects in PS?

Ok I can open the psd and resize the large buttons to their oppropriate size but....

how do I resize the effects like shadow/outline etc to fit??

Thanks in advance!

if you rezise correctly all the effects should "rezise" aswell. did for me anyway
    Unlike most, I don't think I'm always right, if I'm wrong, CORRECT me.... providing you have some evidence

Comment

No they don't for me. I use "resize image", the shadow doesnt resize with the image...

Comment

Originally posted by TripleT
        No they don't for me. I use "resize image", the shadow doesnt resize with the image...
        confirmed

Comment

PS should ask you to update a vector layer, tell it to. Ive had no problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Breaker
            if you rezise correctly all the effects should "rezise" aswell. did for me anyway
            Same here. Resizing works fine in Photoshop CS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
              PS should ask you to update a vector layer, tell it to. Ive had no problems.
              Maybe it's a setting, I'll look into it thanks

Comment

The imgs come out so big for me as well ....

Comment

The problem I believe this person is asking about happen to deal with layer styles.

If you resize something with a stroke size of 3px, then no matter how big or small you making it, the stroke will not scale...it will always stay 3px.

I don't know any workaround to this, unless you merge the layer.

Comment

Dont resize the images in the photoshop application itself, do it in the SAVE FOR WEB dialog box.

Comment

Interesting....How do you resize in save for web?

Comment

Originally posted by merk
                        Dont resize the images in the photoshop application itself, do it in the SAVE FOR WEB dialog box.
                        You mean I have to save for web then resize? I'll try that thanks
                        Last edited by dutchbb; Sat 27 Mar '04, 2:56am.

Comment

Lol, you do resize the image before you get to save for web.

Comment

Haha I get it now, time to translate the buttons

Comment

Like I said, the problem with resizing, is that if you have a stroke, then the stroke doesn't scale.

Is there a known workaround? Or do you just have to flatten the image and deal with a rasterized edge?

Comment