No announcement yet.

AV Skin finally done!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually really like this style, except for two small nit-pick points.

1. Page background. IMO, it'll look a lot better if you removed the fixed logo in the top-left of the page and used a two-toned gradient instead.

2. Buttons. Some buttons, especially the postbit ones, need to have rounded corners instead of square corners. Those postbit buttons really seem to contrast with the overall style of your design.

3. Anti-aliasing and un-smooth corners. Again, this is especially apparent in your postbit. The top-left of the postbit looks a bit un-natural. I can understand if it's intended to look that way, but I think having it rounded the same way as the top-right corner of the postbit will make it look more balanced.

But overall, I really enjoyed this design. I can understand where it looks yaXay-ish, but don't let that get to ya. Yours is much more functional, and the resemblence doesn't set you back very much. If only your header looked more like your sig.
    :)

Comment

Originally posted by DirectPixel
      I actually really like this style, except for two small nit-pick points.

1. Page background. IMO, it'll look a lot better if you removed the fixed logo in the top-left of the page and used a two-toned gradient instead.

2. Buttons. Some buttons, especially the postbit ones, need to have rounded corners instead of square corners. Those postbit buttons really seem to contrast with the overall style of your design.

3. Anti-aliasing and un-smooth corners. Again, this is especially apparent in your postbit. The top-left of the postbit looks a bit un-natural. I can understand if it's intended to look that way, but I think having it rounded the same way as the top-right corner of the postbit will make it look more balanced.

But overall, I really enjoyed this design. I can understand where it looks yaXay-ish, but don't let that get to ya. Yours is much more functional, and the resemblence doesn't set you back very much. If only your header looked more like your sig.
      2nded. Great though!

Comment

Thankyou DirectPixel! Very helpful. I had noticed the postbit buttons being out of place because it's squarish.

I still have to add in a "welcome back username" stuff with login inputs. And for some reason IE renders the white boxes in the postbit with too much padding.
        Australia's Design Community

Comment

you arn't releasing it ... are you!

Comment

http://forums.ausvisage.com.au/showt...=6144#post6144

Comment

I agree. This skin is awesome. I see some ways it looks like yaxay...but its still killer. I think its quite refreshing and took those type of sites to a new level.

You worked hard, and have talent that I do not have

Best of luck!

also could you contact me with your rates ?

Comment

Very nice work.

Comment

Woah...That blew me away, great style! I would like to purchase it if you are offering it.

Comment

I only do custom work at the moment.

Comment

http://forums.ausvisage.com.au/index.php?

Upgraded to gold. Has anyone else been expierencing padding problems in IE only? I had to change some of my code to use just css instead of tables.

Comment

Style change doesnt work, otherwise its nice in that everyone else sense

Comment

Oh yeah, another problem in IE that style change doesn't work. Changes fine in firefox.

Comment

Very nice kyk0 ... ignore the ravio comments.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X