X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin Mortensen
    replied
    Hi Anders.

I'm using the "Admin CP > Language & Phrases -> Language Manager > Edit / Translate" option.

Just tried to do it in the Phrase Manager, but same thing happens.

Maybe I should try a diffrent MySQL server, might be my own server that has some kind of error.

In the meanwhile, if anyone has a possible solution, please don't hesitate to post

Leave a comment:

• Anders P
    replied
    Hi Martin

I have been doing translation to Swedish since even before version 3.x.
    For version 4.x I started a new site and thus made sure to have the database in utf8.
    I never had any problem with it when inserting swedish characters .

So I wonder why you have this problem.

Were are you doing the tranlation?
    I normally use this: Admin CP -> Language & Phrases -> Phrase Manager
    Then I can easily see if all phrases are translated or not. (I of course always look up where a phrase is used in order to translate in the right context).

/Anders

Leave a comment:

• Charset problems with Danish translation og vB 4.1.4

Hi.

I've started a vBulletin 4.1.4 translation project, to create my own Danish translation. But I've run in to some problems from the start.

I'm using a MySQL database with utf-8 (utf8_general_ci according to phpmyadmin), and did a standard installation of vBulletin forum on this database.

After the install, I go to the admincp and create a new language, setting the "HTML Character Set" to "utf-8" (also tried "utf8", "utf8_general_ci", and the default "ISO-8859-1").

No matter what I set the charset to, I'm unable to add the Danish special letters "" to my translation, and if I do, the sentence will stop when it hits the special letter.

Example:

Add as Friend in Danish is "Tilfj som ven", but after I save this, the translation is shown as "Tilf" and nothing more.

I'm not that in to databases and charsets yet, so I might just be forgetting something simple, but what?

Hope someone can help me along, so I can start on my translation.

Thanks in advance

Regards
    Martin
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X