Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hameedacpa
    replied
    thanks for http://www.vcharset.com/ and the tool available for vbulletin forums to convert the tables contents and forum from any encoding to utf8

the tool worked fine with me and it took around 5 hours to complete the process and I advice every body want to convert his forum encoding to utf8 to use it

the version of my forum is 3.8.4

Last edited by Hameedacpa; Sat 19th Dec '09, 9:14pm.

Leave a comment:

• RadioErewan
    replied
    Originally posted by Hameedacpa View Post
    can you tell us please about those features will not work in utf-8 ?
    Censorship (no **** replacement), counting characters for trimming titles, some of search functions also.
    AlexanderT published manual UTF conversion guide and could describe what is not working better than me. I have failed to properly convert my database to UTF and never managed it to display my old posts and threads with right national diacritic marks.

Regards

Leave a comment:

• Hameedacpa
    replied
    when i'm searching about this i found one extension called vCharset Converter for vbulletin you can find this here http://www.vcharset.com/

this maybe help to convert to utf8

Leave a comment:

• Hameedacpa
    replied
    Originally posted by RadioErewan View Post
    vB is not UTF ready. A lot of important features will not work.
    can you tell us please about those features will not work in utf-8 ?

Leave a comment:

• RadioErewan
    replied
    vB is not UTF ready. A lot of important features will not work.

Leave a comment:

• Hameedacpa
    started a topic change the encoding of Arabic from windows-1256 to utf-8

change the encoding of Arabic from windows-1256 to utf-8

it is important to change the encoding of Arabic from windows-1256 to utf-8 as there was a problem related to importing rss feeds into any forum as most of Arabic rss feeds encoded in utf-8 , so after browsing the suggestions of the members here I found this suggestion which is

1- put the Arabic xml language file which is encoded in windows-1256 in particular folder in your linux server

2- try to make this command through ssh ( by putty or any other tool )
    Code:
    iconv -f windows-1256 -t utf-8 vbulletin-language.xml > vbulletin-language-new.xml
    the result was good when I used the new language file for the new posts but for the old posts will appear like this (��������)

so are there any suggestion to fix up the old posts encoding to be all utf-8 ?

by the way the collation of database changed to be utf8-general-ci

thanks alot