X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nosfer@tu
    replied
    Dont install hauptsprache-vbulletin-de-du/Sie.xml

That one will overwrite you master language file.
    Use zusatzsprache-vbulletin-de-du/Sie.xml instead

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    It should work. Do you have a table prefix?

Leave a comment:

• taffy056
    replied
    I have just done the same by installing the german language, now my forum is all in german as its over written the english, how do I install english, as the query above does not work for me? Thanks

========

Edit found solution

in the distro of your vBulletin:

/upload/install/vbulletin-language.xml

this is the english language pack....
    Last edited by taffy056; Tue 20th Oct '09, 8:37am.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Try running one of these queries:

For MySQL 4.0.x use this query:

DELETE
    FROM phrase
    USING phrase AS p1
    LEFT JOIN phrase AS p2 ON ( p1.varname = p2.varname
    AND p2.languageid = -1 )
    WHERE p1.languageid =0
    AND p2.languageid IS NOT NULL;

Or for MySQL 4.1.x and higher, use this query:

DELETE
    FROM phrase AS p1
    USING phrase AS p1
    LEFT JOIN phrase AS p2 ON ( p1.varname = p2.varname
    AND p2.languageid = -1 )
    WHERE p1.languageid =0
    AND p2.languageid IS NOT NULL;

Then run this:

Admin CP -> Languages & Phrases -> Language Manager -> [Rebuild All Languages]

Leave a comment:

• imedic
    started a topic I install german language and become master lang

I install german language and become master lang

Hy ,

I have am working on an international forum but with English as master language and I have install other languages available.
    Reaching German language from German website see here after install master language (including administrative) become German. If I select English from menu still German is showing. Other languages change in front end but English was replaced by German.

It might been a internet connection problem during install because when I logged in afterwards it finished updating languages (finish install).
    You can see here my website.

Can you please make some suggestions how to revert back to english original pack (front end and admin) and have German as a selectable language for front end.
    I have looked for a master language English US (the one that forum come with) but didn't find, and I have no clue if I install it if it works.

Last chance is to upload a backup of the database (I guess all is saved there) but I will lose some work )
    Many thanks in advance

Edit, I found master language in original vb kit and I have installed it. All went back to normal.
    I set English as Default and all went well. Lucky I have backup the English lang too because I have made some modification from the master language.

Advice: take care not to install other master language. Lucky me I have understood some from the admin menu to be able to revert.
    Master language it should named clear with master (for us dumm ppl still in the learning phase)
    Issue closed , sorry to bother.
    Last edited by imedic; Fri 11th Sep '09, 2:12pm.