Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    If you use vB to hide content based on language then this requires separate licenses.

Leave a comment:

• cragtay
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
    Also hiding forums by language will require separate licenses for each language.
    I can't understand it. Vbulletin has a dropdown box at the bottom of the page for member to choose language. There are language packs freely distributed. Do I have to buy a new license to use another language?

I can create 2 user groups: English and Portuguese, then I set the permissions for each group to view the corresponding forums. Do I also need another license to do that?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Sorry, there is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.

Also hiding forums by language will require separate licenses for each language.

Leave a comment:

• cragtay
    started a topic Help with languages and styles

Help with languages and styles

I want to build a forum with 2 languages: English and Portuguese. There are separate styles for each language. There are 5 sub-forums in English and 2 sub-forums in Portuguese. I also have a keyboard (calling a javascript script) for typing Portuguese.

My demand is that, depending on member's nationality, the default language and the style are set appropriately. For example,
    • if a member is from Portugal, or Brazil, or Angola (defined in his profile), he will see the forum in Portuguese style, the language is Portuguese, as well as the keyboard is activated so that he can type Portuguese in posts and he can see all 7 sub-forums.
    • if a member is from any other countries, he can only see 5 sub-forums, and the forum is in English style, as well as the language is English.

Could anyone help me?