Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q: what is Best Arabic encode?

Dear All,
    as I'm going to setup my new forum I need your advise regarding the Best encode for Arabic . for MySQL and VB language .
    Thanks

If oyu're starting out fresh, I highly recommend to start with UTF-8 for all languages. While some local email providers may not fully support it yet, it will save you a lot of headache to convert to character encoding later. This recommendation goes for all languages, not just Arabic. Because in the long run, local dependant encodings (IE: ISO-8859-1 for English / French etc. that uses A-Z, BIG-5 for Chinese Traditional, etc. etc. etc.) are going to be phased out and replaced with an unicode variant... and from what it seems now, UTF-8 is the one people will use online.
    Best Regards,
    Andy Huang

Comment

I'm having some difficulties with my forum encoding.
      My database uses utf8, I've uncommented utf8 (at config.php) and I've configured my language to place UTF8 (at Edit Settings - language and phrases).

But (in any phrase), when it finds an "special character" (é, ç, ã) the word simply ends.

Ex.: Notification in portuguese is "Notificação". But it only shows "Notifica"

Thanks!
      Last edited by vicmarconi; Sun 22 Jun '08, 5:45pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X