No announcement yet.

Working on Swedish for 3.7.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, this took longer time than expected, but I have now done enough to upload a file, but it is late here and I need to get up for work soon so I will prepare the file and upload it tomorrow (if nothing unforseen happens).
    I need to change a few things that is specific for the forum I administrate that should not go into the file here.

/Anders

PS. I updated the info on status of the translation in post #31, please have a look at the phrases listed as not translated and see if you can come with suggestions. I also still need help with explanation on how to clear cookies in Safari and Opera.
    Anders Pettersson
    Don't send me requests by PM to email you the Swedish language file that I have done. My translation is only available here at vbulletin.com to licensed users.
    If you want updates on when a new version of the Swedish language packs (forum & suite) are available, subscribe to this discussion.
    Don't PM me for support on how to install language files etc. please post in the appropriate forum, that will most likely give you help quicker.

Comment

Sounds great that the file will be uploaded soon!

I think "aviseringar" is a good word, use that!

Regarding the untraslatedt phrases I think that everyone who feels that they want to translate them can do it on their own. The phares used most common and the most importent ones are translated and that's good enough for me! (Okey, I'm eager to get my site online )

Is there more to translate in 3.7.1?
      Last edited by pewa; Mon 2nd Jun '08, 3:08am.

Comment

Originally posted by pewa View Post
        Sounds great that the file will be uploaded soon!
        OK, finally the file is uploaded here on vbulletin.com.
        As soon as the administration here have looked at it it will be available.

I think "aviseringar" is a good word, use that!
        I used that.

Is there more to translate in 3.7.1?
        I haven't had the time to look into that yet, will do that as son as I find the time to upgrade my forum. But most likely there will not be that many changes between these versions.

/Anders
        Anders Pettersson
        Don't send me requests by PM to email you the Swedish language file that I have done. My translation is only available here at vbulletin.com to licensed users.
        If you want updates on when a new version of the Swedish language packs (forum & suite) are available, subscribe to this discussion.
        Don't PM me for support on how to install language files etc. please post in the appropriate forum, that will most likely give you help quicker.

Comment

Great work Anders! Where will the file become available?

Comment

Originally posted by alme View Post
            Great work Anders! Where will the file become available?
            All language files have to be controlled by the administration here on vbulletin.com. So I have put my file here in the download submission forum. One can view own posts there, but not others, so it is only the admin/moderators that can see it.

After they checked it it will be available here.

/Anders

(If I submit here in this thread it will be deleted by a moderator, since that is against the rules.)
            Anders Pettersson

Comment

Thanks AndersP!

Comment

Any idea how long it usually takes to get it approved?

Comment

Any idea how long it usually takes to get it approved?
                  It depends on the admin/moderator, sometimes an hour and sometimes a week.

/Anders
                  Anders Pettersson

Comment

I hope they will approve it soon! Good work btw

Comment

Originally posted by Anders P View Post
                      It depends on the admin/moderator, sometimes an hour and sometimes a week.
                      A week seems more likely this time

Comment

Originally posted by alme View Post
                        A week seems more likely this time
                        Yes, and I am sorry that I can't do anything about it.
                        But please don't ask me to send the translation by email, I have received many requests to do that and as a general principle I don't do that (I don't have the time to reply to all requests for it as it is now).

You have to ask the administrators/moderators here on vbulletin.com instead of me.

I had a look at the Dowload Submissions forum and there has only been 2 views of my post, one of those two views are made by me when first posting it.
                        I might find the time to upload the latest file instead (since no one looked at it anyway) so that you will get most of the User Tools (Global) phrases and all the vbulletin Settings phrases as well.

/Anders
                        Anders Pettersson

Comment

Originally posted by Anders P View Post
                          I might find the time to upload the latest file instead (since no one looked at it anyway) so that you will get most of the User Tools (Global) phrases and all the vbulletin Settings phrases as well.
                          OK, uploaded an updated file, also edited post #31 in this thread to illustrate what is translated.
                          Since there were 0 views on my previous file no one had looked at it yet so I just put up the latest version.

I will probably not have any time for the next couple of weeks to do anything more concerning this, I just hope that the admins here on vbulletin.com wil check the file and make it available to you guys.

/Anders
                          Anders Pettersson

Comment

I think it's really a schame that it has to take over a week to approve a language pack! Schame for a piece of software that is so good in other cases. (I have mailed vBulletin with my thoughts)

Anders, understand that you don't have the time or desire to mail everyone the file. But if this go on another week, can you do an exception?

Comment

Why should he do an exception? To make an exception may lead to that unlicensed users get access to the translation.

The best thing to do is to be patient, we need to understand that approving submissions from users may not be priority one for the vBulletin team.

Comment

Nevermind the exception then..

Just got a reply from vBulletin with the explanation that they approve language packs in bulk, several at a time.

Maybe we missed such a bulk, hopefully they will add it soon. If not, maybe Anders can make a comment in the submission forum or something.

Comment