X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fred_J
    replied
    I tried this one:
    DELETE FROM phrase AS p1 USING phrase AS p1 LEFT JOIN phrase AS p2 ON (p1.varname = p2.varname AND p2.languageid = -1) WHERE p1.languageid =0 AND p2.languageid IS NOT NULL

But got this error:
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AS p1 USING phrase AS p1 LEFT JOIN phrase AS p2 ON (p1.varname = p2.varname AND ' at line 1

I run the following versions:
    • Apache/2.2.21 (Win64) PHP/5.3.8
    • MySQL klientversion: mysqlnd 5.0.8-dev - 20102224 - $Revision: 310735 $

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Which language pack was this?

To fix this, try running one of these queries:

For MySQL 4.0.x use this query:

DELETE
    FROM phrase
    USING phrase AS p1
    LEFT JOIN phrase AS p2 ON ( p1.varname = p2.varname
    AND p2.languageid = -1 )
    WHERE p1.languageid =0
    AND p2.languageid IS NOT NULL;

Or for MySQL 4.1.x and higher, use this query:

DELETE
    FROM phrase AS p1
    USING phrase AS p1
    LEFT JOIN phrase AS p2 ON ( p1.varname = p2.varname
    AND p2.languageid = -1 )
    WHERE p1.languageid =0
    AND p2.languageid IS NOT NULL;

Then run this:

Admin CP -> Languages & Phrases -> Language Manager -> [Rebuild All Languages]

Leave a comment:

• LEARNER29
    replied
    what a funny situation I find myself in now.

Even re-importing vbulletin's native file is not adding the english language (\vbforum_4_4-0-7_VBF0EB12B0\upload\install\vbulletin-language.xml)

Anybody found a solution ?

I tried everything obvious, including deleting the english language and try to re-import it .......

deleting any other language

none worked.

please help

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    maybe late?

how about 3 years ..

Bumping old threads is like writing in capslock.

Leave a comment:

• mp3president
    replied
    Maybe a late answer, but i had the same problem with v3.8.4 patch 1.
    I installed the German language and my ACP turn also to this language.
    I can understand it, but my English is a little better.
    I searched and came to this topic, but no descent answer.
    Then i came to think of it, that i installed it from my harddisk and the official language should be in the program itself.
    I uploaded the original language-pack from /upload/install/vbulletin-language.xml and now it's all fixed.
    I know now, that i have to be carefull with language-packs.

Leave a comment:

• Rick Grunwald
    replied
    Originally posted by Chousho View Post
    That's because when you created the table, it set those by whatever the default was. A language pack won't update the encoding of a table.
    My "fresh install" was English. I had added German, Polish and Sweedish language packs. The German is the only one that started giving trouble after upgrading to 3.6.x (x probably equals "4")

I keep finding phrases in the admin CP and on the board itself in German. I have been hunting them out individually and correcting them as uploading the oringinal language XML file did NOT work. I suppose uploading it as a new language and deleting the old language may have done something but I didn't want to destroy the German translation in the process

Leave a comment:

• RidinHighSpeeds
    replied
    Makes sense..

I did a SQL query for languageid=0 and deleted most of the stuff that I did not recognize (foreign)

It looks like some of the phrases varnames were the same as the English varnames...So I simply deleted all the ones that were foreign to me, then rebuilt the English Language in ACP.

Everything is working properly once again.

Thank God!

Leave a comment:

• Chousho
    replied
    That's because when you created the table, it set those by whatever the default was. A language pack won't update the encoding of a table.

Leave a comment:

• RidinHighSpeeds
    replied
    I went into phpMyAdmin and noticed something:

In the phrase table:

languageid smallint (6)
    varname varchar (250) latin1_bin
    text mediumtext latin1_swedish_ci
    product varchar(25) latin1_swedish_ci

and so on...

The rest are all swedish...

What is the English list supposed to look like?? If you could tell me what values to change those too, I would greatly appreciate it. I think that might be the problem

Leave a comment:

• Ramsesx
    replied
    Originally posted by RidinHighSpeeds View Post
    Did it successfully, but for some reason there are many phrases that are still in German.

activate is Activer
    activatity is vActivité

and so on...
    That's french not german

But to be on topic, after upgrading from 3.5.4 to 3.6.4 I have also a lot of untranslated phrases but can't upgrade the language files because they overwrite my custom changed or additional created phrases and there's no way except to do it manually. There should be an option in the phrases system to import only new phrases or keep changed/custom phrases.

Leave a comment:

• RidinHighSpeeds
    replied
    Just upload that file (vbulletin-language.xml) through admin cp as master language, etc etc.
    Did it successfully, but for some reason there are many phrases that are still in German.

activate is Activer
    activatity is vActivité

and so on...

Leave a comment:

• Chousho
    replied
    Originally posted by RidinHighSpeeds View Post
    I wish I read up on this before I decided to install some language packs.

Overwritten some of the English phrases and now my board is looking pretty bad. It's a relatively popular board too...I have no idea what to do.

I am hoping I can restore the phrase table in my database in mySQL. I'm not really sure how to do that though..
    In the zip file of the VB release you should find an xml file named vbulletin-language.xml in the install folder. Try uploading that. It's been a while, but I remember just uploading the default language over and having it work.
    Just upload that file (vbulletin-language.xml) through admin cp as master language, etc etc.

Leave a comment:

• RidinHighSpeeds
    replied
    I wish I read up on this before I decided to install some language packs.

Overwritten some of the English phrases and now my board is looking pretty bad. It's a relatively popular board too...I have no idea what to do.

I am hoping I can restore the phrase table in my database in mySQL. I'm not really sure how to do that though..

Leave a comment:

• technoshaman
    replied
    Originally posted by Dream View Post
    I would suggest you guys ONLY install language packs made for YOUR VERSION of vBulletin ONLY.
    That gives two major problems:
    A) With some languages on my site, there are no completely written language packs in any version of vB, I had to create my own for Slovenian, and other packs for common languages, e.g. Portuguese are quite incomplete.

B) The solution above CREATES the original porbem of this thread. If you make your own FAQS on a disrelated subject to vBulletin, and install any updated language pack in that language, all your personally created FAQs will get deleted from your site without warning.

E.g. if you create a FAQ about the need for repairing your car in German, and you decide to change your vBulleting from German Formal to Informal (which will only change "Sie" to "du" in your vB help files, all your FAQs about car maintenance will be wiped off your site.

Quite a problem for somebody with several custom FAQs in 6 languages.

So once you have created your own FAQS that you want to keep, you must not update with the current language packs, but manually translate the outdated phrases for the new version yourself.

I would appreciate if somebody has found a workaround for this problem, e.g. has anybody had luck copying their old (but current) custom made FAQs into the XML file of an updated language pack before instaling it?

Leave a comment:

• Rick Grunwald
    replied
    Originally posted by Dream View Post
    I would suggest you guys ONLY install language packs made for YOUR VERSION of vBulletin ONLY.
    Good advice but I installed German some time ago and the problems started when I upgraded VB from 3.5x to3.6x

Has anyone had any success with restoring the defaults in places like Admincp etc? So far I have been searching and replacing as I find them

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X