• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagle Creek
    replied
    Hmm.. I don't understand.
    I'm using:
    m-d-'y

and in the English language it's working fine. Only the Dutch language is skipping the exact date.
    Also; live I've said; it only displays the month in english, not in Dutch.

Leave a comment:

• Eagle Creek
    replied
    Marco: It's working fine with the English skin.
    I'm using the European format.

Leave a comment:

• marocnl
    replied
    Originally posted by Eagle Creek View Post
    When I use the Dutch translation, my forums only talk about "october 2006" and not the EXACT date of the post. When I switch to English I don't have this problem.

3.6.1 board.

More people with this problem? It's kinda serious..

(also it says OCTOBER and not OKTOBER. It doesn't translate the months. When I have the Dutch language applied, it only tells me about the MONTH and the TIME the post was made, not the exact date)

That's in the postbit. The forumview looks like this:

English: 03-04-06 13:11
    Dutch: April 2006 13:11
    you probably fubar'd your time and date settings in the cpanel. Recheck them.

Leave a comment:

• Grover
    replied
    I hardly ever use it, LOL. But that's what I say. Especially the FORUM PEOPLE know these things. Like THREAD and QUOTE and stuff.
    But in a normal conversation you won't use 'draadje' or stuff.
    Well.. I still think that 'Citaat/Citeren' sounds too formal. I am considering to change it myself when I install the new Dutch Translation. I can understand why a site like www.lancelots.nl uses the term 'Citaat/Citeren', but I personally prefer 'Quote/Quoten' for my site. And.... .as you can see it's perfectly 'Van Dale'-Netherlands

Leave a comment:

• Eagle Creek
    replied
    When I use the Dutch translation, my forums only talk about "october 2006" and not the EXACT date of the post. When I switch to English I don't have this problem.

3.6.1 board.

More people with this problem? It's kinda serious..

(also it says OCTOBER and not OKTOBER. It doesn't translate the months. When I have the Dutch language applied, it only tells me about the MONTH and the TIME the post was made, not the exact date)

That's in the postbit. The forumview looks like this:

English: 03-04-06 13:11
    Dutch: April 2006 13:11
    Last edited by Eagle Creek; Mon 2 Oct '06, 1:58pm.

Leave a comment:

• Eagle Creek
    replied
    Everybody in Holland knows what the phrase 'Quote' means in real-life discussions and dutch forum-users are also familiar with this term when using (dutch) internetforums.
    I hardly ever use it, LOL. But that's what I say. Especially the FORUM PEOPLE know these things. Like THREAD and QUOTE and stuff.
    But in a normal conversation you won't use 'draadje' or stuff.

Leave a comment:

• marocnl
    replied
    not_subscribed_to_any_forums
    Nederlands Translation
    Je bent op geen van de forum geabonneerd.

there is an error here, forums should me in plural.

about the other error by Renep:
    welcome_to_the_x
    Nederlands Translation
    Welkom op de {1}.

Sure if I fix that, that I will run later in the same problem with the other article ? (het)

Leave a comment:

• renep
    replied
    Originally posted by Collectors View Post
    The first thing I noticed was: "Welkom op de forum". It has to be: "Welkom op het forum".
    Yes, we'll fix that.

Where can I change this?
    Admincp > Languages & Phrases > Search in phrases.

Leave a comment:

• Grover
    replied
    To Quote or not to Quote.

I think THREAD is more a word I want to safe then QUOTE.
    I admit; I'm used to QUOTE but in daily life you won't use QUOTE (I guess). And 'thread' is better then 'draadje'.

But that's my opinion.
    Well, it's all a matter of personal opinion ofcourse , but I personally can't really understand why someone wants to use the phrase 'thread' on a dutch forum. Really, no-one ever uses this term in real-life overhere in Holland and also almost never on dutch speaking forums. 'Discussie' of 'Onderwerp' are the terms one should go for and between those 2 'Discussie' is the preferred one really. So Applinet made the right choice on this one.

It's just that I am not so sure about 'Citaat/citeren'. Everybody in Holland knows what the phrase 'Quote' means in real-life discussions and dutch forum-users are also familiar with this term when using (dutch) internetforums. Every dutch forumuser will understand what 'Multi-Quote' means for example, but how would one call it now? 'Multi-Citeer'?

The term 'Quote/Quoten' can even be found in 'The Van Dale' :

-----------------------------------

quo·te (de ~)
    1 (~n) quotum
    2 citaat
    quo·ten (ov.ww.)
    1 citeren

Ofcourse, 'Citaat/Citeren' is also listed:

Citaat

ci·taat (het ~, citaten)
    1 passage die letterlijk uit een andere bron wordt overgenomen => aanhaling, allegatie, quotatie, quote
    Citeren

ci·te·ren (ov.ww.)
    1 (een passage uit een andere bron) letterlijk overnemen => aanhalen, quoten
    2 [jur.] dagvaarden

So... 'Quote' and 'Quoten' are perfectly sensible good 'old Dutch phrases . Seriously, although I can get used to it, I feel that 'Quote' and 'Quoten' are less formal/purist terms compared to 'Citaat' and 'Citeren' and for a lot of people it will feel less odd to use 'Quote' instead of 'Citaat'.

Just my opinion, what does everyone else think?
    Last edited by Grover; Sun 24 Sep '06, 9:45pm.

Leave a comment:

• Eagle Creek
    replied
    I think THREAD is more a word I want to safe then QUOTE.
    I admit; I'm used to QUOTE but in daily life you won't use QUOTE (I guess). And 'thread' is better then 'draadje'.

But that's my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• Grover
    replied
    Originally posted by Wynand View Post
    Citaat = what should be on the page at the top of the quote
    Citeren = what the button should say
    Yes, I know that. But what I was saying was this:

Well... the phrases 'Citaat' and 'Citeren' are one of the few phrases in this Dutch Language Pack that I need to get accustomed to. 'Quote' is a term that I am so familair with on forums, almost every dutch-translated (not only VBulletin ones) forum I visit use the phrase 'Quote' and everybody in Holland knows what it means.

I feel like 'Citaat/Citeren' is rather formal and not an often-used term/phrase on dutch forums really. What does everybody think?

Leave a comment:

• Wynand
    replied
    Citaat = what should be on the page at the top of the quote
    Citeren = what the button should say

Leave a comment:

• Grover
    replied
    Citaat/citeren is rather formal.

Originally posted by marocnl View Post
    [Edit 2: The Quote button still is quote. The translation calls it 'Citaat' (or maybe 'Citeer' ?!)]
    Well... the phrases 'Citaat' and 'Citeren' are one of the few phrases in this Dutch Language Pack that I need to get accustomed to. 'Quote' is a term that I am so familair with on forums, almost every dutch-translated (not only VBulletin ones) forum I visit use the phrase 'Quote' and everybody in Holland knows what it means.

I feel like 'Citaat/Citeren' is rather formal and not an often-used term/phrase on dutch forums really. What does everybody think?

Leave a comment:

• Wynand
    replied
    In the vbulletin-dutch-language.xml

Leave a comment:

• Collectors
    replied
    I just installed vBulletin 3.6.x NL Dutch Applinet 1.2 on my 3.6.1 forum. I had to ignore the version to install the language pack.

The first thing I noticed was: "Welkom op de forum". It has to be: "Welkom op het forum".

Where can I change this?

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X