Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    You should contact the author of that language pack for help with this.

Leave a comment:

• RichardAu
    replied
    I've tried installing this language pack but when I try to set a test user to use Arabic for my forums every character just comes up as a question mark. I have Arabic script (windows 1256) installed on my PC in Regional & Language settings. What am I doing wrong?

Leave a comment:

• activa
    replied
    any language file for 3.6.0

Leave a comment:

• SwDreams
    replied
    Thanks Guys For The Arabic Language .

Leave a comment:

• Q8iz
    replied
    Thankx...
    Last edited by Q8iz; Thu 6 Jul '06, 9:35am.

Leave a comment:

• Milado
    replied
    It's better to follow the rules, you have to give a white idea about arabs.

This is Milad. you now me, I think.

Leave a comment:

• Milado
    replied
    Originally posted by alfairuz View Post
    I've downloaded the arabic_3-5-4_utf-8.zip file and integrated with my board. Everything is working excellent apart from two problems:

- When I post a topic, all instances of the letter "ح" will get replaced by the letter "ت".
    For example, if I post the following sentence:
    الأحرف العربية الصحيحة
    I will get the following sentence posted instaed:
    الأترف العربية الصتيتة

- Also the time note (PM/AM) is shown as ? instead of ص\م

Any help is highly appreciated.
    This faced me while I was working to convert my forum to utf-8

The solution is as the following:
    Go to vBulletin Options -> Censorship Options -> Blank Character Stripper, empty its value and click save.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Originally posted by Merjawy View Post
    Thank you for your work and the help.. I have not upgraded nor have I used to your trasnlation yet.. I will soon.. I had to do my own in the past but wasn't full translation, therefore I didn't publish it.. once again, thank you.

Zachery, hello there..

I understand the reason for asking not to type in other than English, however this is a language support forum and alot of members know little or no English especialy when it comes to writing.. plus if I recall there was a section on this board that was mostly Arabic..

I am sure there are alot of members here that would report any vilations, I for one will not think twice about reporting any misuse of this forum.

I do agree we should all type in English so most members will benifit, but it can be a problem for some..

alrairuz

my long years of working with multilingual boards I found that UTF-8 has certain limitations that might be Java related (sun java / MS java). I found windows-1256 to work the greatest

as for AM/PM, thats not the easy one to do.. I have used Replacement in the past to get that working.. however you have to be carefull otherwise it will replace them in every word .. (I used spaces before and after [ AM / PM ]).

good luck
    Its per our forum rules, if you have an issue with these please contact our adminitrators.

Leave a comment:

• Jenan
    replied
    sorry I was lost
    now is there a good Arabic XML file for version 3.5.4 to use it?

Leave a comment:

• Merjawy
    replied
    Thank you for your work and the help.. I have not upgraded nor have I used to your trasnlation yet.. I will soon.. I had to do my own in the past but wasn't full translation, therefore I didn't publish it.. once again, thank you.

Zachery, hello there..

I understand the reason for asking not to type in other than English, however this is a language support forum and alot of members know little or no English especialy when it comes to writing.. plus if I recall there was a section on this board that was mostly Arabic..

I am sure there are alot of members here that would report any vilations, I for one will not think twice about reporting any misuse of this forum.

I do agree we should all type in English so most members will benifit, but it can be a problem for some..

alrairuz

my long years of working with multilingual boards I found that UTF-8 has certain limitations that might be Java related (sun java / MS java). I found windows-1256 to work the greatest

as for AM/PM, thats not the easy one to do.. I have used Replacement in the past to get that working.. however you have to be carefull otherwise it will replace them in every word .. (I used spaces before and after [ AM / PM ]).

good luck
    Last edited by Merjawy; Thu 8 Jun '06, 4:41am.

Leave a comment:

• alfairuz
    replied
    I've downloaded the arabic_3-5-4_utf-8.zip file and integrated with my board. Everything is working excellent apart from two problems:

- When I post a topic, all instances of the letter "ح" will get replaced by the letter "ت".
    For example, if I post the following sentence:
    الأحرف العربية الصحيحة
    I will get the following sentence posted instaed:
    الأترف العربية الصتيتة

- Also the time note (PM/AM) is shown as ? instead of ص\م

Any help is highly appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Please, only post in english, regaurdless of a translation. I will not ask again.

Leave a comment:

• suleiman
    replied
    طالما أنه لا يمنع قانون المنتدى أن نتكلم بالعربية فلماذا لا نفعل ؟
    المهم . أشكر الجميع على ما قدموه .
    3.5.4 هل لهذه النسخة تعريب كامل متكامل ؟
    و شكرا لكم

Leave a comment:

• PHP Dev
    replied
    Originally posted by city-love
    thanks tow match Mr PHP Dev

but i try thes lang UTF-8 not work all arabic lang came err!!
    I guess that you uploaded it with ASCII mode, you sould upload it again using BINARY mode!

Leave a comment:

• PHP Dev
    replied
    Really, it works greate with me!
    Maybe this's your fault, try it again.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X