Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to tell for instance what "x" or {1} will be replaced by when translating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABLady
    replied
    Thanks freddie... the Template Search feature suggestion helped a lot... at least now I can tell in which template the phrase is used in and knowing which template, I can also look at the actual page in the forum as well to get an idea to see how to translate.

Leave a comment:

• Freddie Bingham
    replied
    You can use the template search and search for x_y_requests. If it is a phrase that appears in the Admin CP, there isn't a simple way to do what you ask.

Leave a comment:

• How to tell for instance what "x" or {1} will be replaced by when translating?

In the below example, just looking at the phrase, you know that "x" will be replaced by by the user's name. So, you know how to translate accordingly:

$vbphrase[add_x_to_your_ignorelist]
    Add {1} to your Ignore List

However, looking at the bottom example, you may have no clue in what "x" and "y" will be replaced by. So, you may not know how to correctly translate:

$vbphrase[x_y_requests]
    {1} ({2} requests)

So, my question to the developers:
    How can I find out where a particular phrase is used in the forum so translation can be done in the correct way.

Would a developer please explain how I can find out where a particular phrase is used when I'm doing translation?

Thank you.