• Site Builder Frequently Asked Questions

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-06-17_13-23-37.png
Views:	585
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	4442693

Overview

What is Site Builder?

Site Builder is a tool that allows you to easily customize the look and feel of pages throughout your vBulletin site. Using Site Builder, you can customize existing pages or create new custom pages.

How do I enable Site Builder?

In order to enable Site Builder, you must have the "Can Use Site Builder Administrator" permission. If you have this permission, you can click the "Edit Site" toggle to the right of your user name on any page.

Pages

How do I change my Homepage?

1. Visit the page you want to be your Homepage.
    2. Click on "Edit Page" in the Site Builder menu.
    3. Click "Save Page."
    4. Check the box labeled "Make this page the homepage."
    5. Finish saving the page.

Note: If you have any Navigation links pointing to this page, they will need to be updated separately.

How to I change the URL of my pages?

To change the URL of any page follow these steps:

1. Visit the page you want to update.
    2. Click on "Edit Page" in the Site Builder menu.
    3. Click "Save Page."
    4. Update the URL field to reflect the new desired URL.
      • vBulletin will automatically create a 301 redirect to the new URL.
    5. Finish saving the page.

How do I delete a custom page?

Modules

After adding a PHP/HTML/Ad module, my page doesn't work.

If your code has an error in it, then you can break a page. To fix this you temporarily disable the rendering of PHP/HTML/Ad modules in the AdminCP.

1. Log into the AdminCP.
    2. Go to Settings -> Options -> General Settings.
    3. Set the option "Disable the rendering of PHP, HTML and Ad Modules."

Once this is done, fix the error(s) in your module. Once the errors are fixed, you can enabled rendering again.

I receive an error when trying to edit an Ad Module.

If you receive an error like 'error_information_0', the most likely cause is that you have an Ad Blocking browser extension installed. Whitelist your page and you'll be able to edit your Ad Modules.

What is the Search JSON and how is it used?

Please see this article: Search JSON

Posting comments is disabled.

About the Author

Collapse

Wayne Luke A curious juxtaposition of nature, technology and sustainability. Find out more about Wayne Luke

Article Tags

Collapse

beginner (3) channels (1) cloud (1) Custom (1) database (1) Google (1) howto (1) https (1) Intermediate (2) MYSQL (1) options (1) passwords (1) recovery tools (1) security (2) seo (1) sftp (1) ssl certificate (1) style (1) styles (1) template (1) tls (1) tutorial (2) users (1) vb5howto (5) vbcloud (1)

Latest Articles

Collapse

• Site Builder Frequently Asked Questions
      by Wayne Luke
      Overview What is Site Builder? Site Builder is a tool that allows you to easily customize the look and feel of pages throughout your vBulletin site. Using Site Builder, you can customize existing pages or create new custom pages. How do I enable Site Builder? In order to enable Site Builder, you must have the "Can Use Site Builder Administrator" permission. If you have this permission, you can click the "Edit Site" toggle to the right of your user name on any page. Pages How ...
      Wed 17 Jun '20, 12:29pm
    • Styles Editor
      by Wayne Luke

Styles

The Style tool allows you to select a pre-existing theme for use on your site and sets it as the default. It also allows you to apply CSS customizations to your site.

Themes

The Theme Selection tool will show all Styles installed in your vBulletin Site. Selecting one of the themes shown will provide a preview image and select it. If you decide that you do not like it, simply select a new theme. Your selection is saved when you click the Save Changes. All Themes vBulletin C...
      Tue 4 Feb '20, 4:34pm
    • Site Builder Overview
      by Wayne Luke
      Introduction to Site Builder Site Builder allows you to build the community that you want. As the site administrator, you can edit existing pages and create new ones. This is done using a drag and drop interface so you can see your work as you build. All without logging in to the AdminCP. Site Builder deals with the outward facing portion of a site, the AdminCP controls the nuts and bolts of the system. The Site Builder allows an administrator to add various modules and configure optionsto every page on t...
      Mon 3 Feb '20, 4:40pm
    Working...
    X