Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Navigation Manager FAQ

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Navigation Manager FAQ

I can't find the item I created in the Navigation Manager, where is it?

If you donít immediately see the item you created in the Navigation Manager, try clicking on the name of the tab that you put it under. The Navigation Manager, by default, only displays the names of the tabs and hides the links and menus in the individual tabs.

My Item is not displaying on the front page, where is it?

If a newly created tab, link, or menu isnít displaying on your front page, the first thing youíll want to check is whether or not itís active. If it isnít active, it will not show up on your page. Also, if the item has a parent that isnít active, it will also not display.

The other thing to check is to see whether or not you added the item to a product that you havenít installed (like blogs or forums).

Finally, if it still isnít showing up, check to see if you added the item to the ďArticleĒ tab. Items added to the tab will not display because vBulletin handles CMS navigation items separate from the rest of the navigation items.

Can I manage my CMS Navigation items with the Navigation Manager?

No. The CMS navigation menu is handled by the ďSection ManagerĒ beneath the ďvBulletin CMSĒ header in the AdminCP. The Navigation Manager will not override this default.

Will the Navigation Items be exported when I export a product?

Yes! Definitely. An items that are associated with a specific Product will be exported when you export the product. So, when you install the export, it will also include the navigation items you exported.

How do I export a custom navigation?

First, you want to put your forum in to debug mode. The next thing you want to do is to create a new product (ex: 'My Awesome New Menus'). When you have that set up, you'll want to create your tabs, menus, and links and assign them to that product. The final step is to just export the product. At this point you can import it into any 4.2+ installation.

• thanhdat
      thanhdat commented
      Editing a comment
      I dont want to show HOME and WHAT'S NEW? in my custom page, how can I do that?
      Thank you
    Posting comments is disabled.

About the Author

Collapse

Fei Leung Find out more about Fei Leung

Article Tags

Collapse

administration (1) advanced (5) android (2) api (29) array (17) beginner (17) blog (4) calendar (2) cms (2) forum (3) forum rules (1) forums (4) Intermediate (7) iphone (3) list (1) mapi (30) member list (1) methods (10) mobile (34) security (2) skimlinks (1) style (2) threads (4) vb5howto (5) vBulletin (5)

Latest Articles

Collapse

• Welcome to the new CMS. Read me first.
    by Don Kuramura
    Welcome to the new CMS. Here's a quick guide of the different areas of this page.

1. Section Navigation Widget. This widget allows you to go to different sections. The "plus icon" means that this section has sub-sections. Clicking on the "plus icon" will display the sub-sections. ...
    Tue 11th Mar '14, 2:04pm
  • Promoting Articles from the Forums
    by Don Kuramura
    One of the innovative new features on vBulletin 4.0 Publishing Suite is the cross-publishing "Promote to Article" functionality. In the spirit of promoting content discovery, we wanted to create features that will allow content to flow between Forums, Blogs, and Articles. For example, there might be a really popular post in the forums, but unfortunately it is buried inside page 13 of a thread. We will now have an option (if you have permissions) to ďpromoteĒ a forum (or blog) post as a new artic...
  • How to Create a New Article
    by Don Kuramura
    Here's a quick visual guide on how to create a new article with the CMS.

1. Create New Article Button: Navigate to the section you want the article to be published in. Click on the ďCreate a New ArticleĒ button. This will open an article form.

2. Article Title: In the "Add/Edit Article" screen, enter the title of your article in the ďTitleĒ textbox.
  • Managing CMS Section and Content
    by Don Kuramura
    Here's a quick Visual Guide on how Manage Sections in the new CMS.

1. Editing a Section: If you have permissions to manage a Section, as you hover over the Section title, a pencil icon will display.

After clicking the pencil icon, you will be taken to the Section Edit page. Here's what you will see:

2. Section Name:
    Enter the Section Name
    3. SEO URL Alias: This is the SEO Friendly URL. By default, if this is blank, the system will automatically copy the section title.
    4. Section Layout: For each section you can define an individual section layout.
  • Recovering a hacked vBulletin Site
    by TheLastSuperman
    Symptoms

Having your site hacked is something no owner wants to experience due to the fact it takes quite a bit of effort to fix, often times requiring payment to a experienced third-party when a owner feels inundated by the sheer amount of work required to troubleshoot and remedy the situation.
    • Site has been defaced - This is the most blatant form of hacking where your sites pages have been replaced with a very disruptive and sometimes rude message from the hacker themselves.
    Tue 12th Jun '12, 1:37am
  • Issues After Upgrading
    by TheLastSuperman
    If your running a completely default forum upgrading is a very simple process. Many sites however run third-party add-ons and even use a custom style therefor when things change between older and newer
    Thu 24th May '12, 12:02pm
Working...
X